Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

461 - 480 of 517 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Great...

How am I going to explain to my wife that I have to build one of those?

You're not helping.
Somethings just need to be done,no explanation required:cheers

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Finished up the arm&air shifter install last night.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
FYI: lowering your bike 2" in the rear without correcting your geometry in the front will be as bad as stretching. once you solve that issue, the main concern of lowering your bike 2" in the rear and setting your front height correctly will be running out of lean angle in a very tight corner. having said all that, if you're still using a stock (slipper-style) clutch then that's probably your wheelie culprit.
Just a question about what you said about correcting the geometry in the front. What does that mean exactly? Im about to lower my K3 using the 3 hole lowering links in the back and sliding the forks up in the front. I believe the holes in the lowering links allow the stock height, then 1 1/2", then 3". Ill be going down 1 1/2" front and back then using a front strap to stop the expansion on launching. Hoping this will help lower my et's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I took my 86' 1100 oil boiler down the quarter for the first time and managed to get down to :
1.914 60ft
11.17 sec
128.31 MPH

1109cc kit
36mm flat slides
stock wheels
stock swing arm
V&H Sidewinder
Stage 2 cams
100 octane gas

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts

Just picked up a week ago. Planning on shaking it down for the first time Thursday in the 1/8th.

Used to race a 00 Honda CBR 929RR. Fastest pass in the 1/8th I had on it was a 6.70 @ 106.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had my second run ever on the old gixxer. Pretty happy. Still more improvement but that will come with seat time. Also jagged a perfect light.

461 - 480 of 517 Posts
About this Discussion
516 Replies
141 Participants
busdriver416
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing