Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1721 - 1740 of 1778 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Really nice one !
Rims look totally solid..
Rear sets, pipe and hanger, mesh fender are all nice additions.
paint looks mint.
not a fan of petal rotors but look fine.
imo, old school canisters sound best and produce best bottom/midrange
get rid of the safety wire at midpipe spring (looks hack) thx
If not done already, gear it down slightly with light weight chain for added boost lol.

um.... welcome
very nice scooter

um..not liking this new look of forum board.

Ummm......🌭

·
Registered
5 Posts
Really nice one !
Rims look totally solid..
Rear sets, pipe and hanger, mesh fender are all nice additions.
paint looks mint.
not a fan of petal rotors but look fine.
imo, old school canisters sound best and produce best bottom/midrange
get rid of the safety wire at midpipe spring (looks hack) thx
If not done already, gear it down slightly with light weight chain for added boost lol.

um.... welcome
very nice scooter

um..not liking this new look of forum board.

Ummm......🌭
I did remove that lock wire and some of the others, also de-stickered it. Yes, it is super clean, that's why I bought it.
It has a power commander, dyno'd at 151 RWBHP, don't really have to out a lighter chain on it......

·
Registered
652 Posts
I did remove that lock wire and some of the others, also de-stickered it. Yes, it is super clean, that's why I bought it.
It has a power commander, dyno'd at 151 RWBHP, don't really have to out a lighter chain on it......
10-4 Sir Hogg lol,

Bill , thought you might get a kick out of this
Even though this board is almost dead and I'm hardly riding , I have not stopped throwing parts at the bike.
I finally have new front wheel on order..got the R+

While I'm waiting for it, I had a concept and wanted your opinions.
It's a shame that when the carbon wheel comes, I won't have the CMC's
to put on it but....One did survive the crash. Could I possibly use just one ???!!! lol
see pics...

Yes, I already tried it out but extremely carefully...No hard grabs. plus pads on calipers are not correct.
Will order set of XRAC pads to continue experiment.

Current concerns are:

1) Although carrier is true, could the rotor be cracked ? stopped ok when I rode it..still, might have to have it x-rayed
2) when I do put the XRAC pads on and grab a big handful, will it rip caliper mounts off the fork since surely not designed for those types of loads. will report lol.

What else, purchased the "BITUBO" gas cartridge kit for the forks to see what they are like . Traxxion rebuilt the shock but it took awhile so I decided to tackle the forks myself. Purchased all the appropriate tools. Went smooth, no true review (hard riding) just yet . but feel fine. So far it's the last part of the travel that seems most improved. need more set-up time.

Bought a bunch of ti fasteners , including Ti cush pins for the BST, yea $$$ but fk it. splined sprocket nuts. Pinch bolts,rotor,axle nut etc.

Anyhow, enjoy pics maybe single disc 1.jpg ..let me see how many i put in one post

Attachments

·
Registered
652 Posts
Bill sorry lol,

you know I would never run it like that !

So I want to lower my foot pegs slightly (using oem rearsets) and came across a thread on the subject that you were involved in.
You explained that the "Titebike" brackets are no longer available but gave the guy a link to a company called
"Valtermoto" so took a look.
Not only do they make some killer rear sets but have the adjustable control brackets for OEM rearsets.
Bought a set and although primarily designed to raise the pegs, it was easy to see that just flipping them over allows
pegs to be lowered.
Here pics ... at 3/4" drop ...got a lightweight rear disc also

Anyhow thanx lol. Could be the last post here ?!😁

Attachments

·
Registered
652 Posts
Golly, I just noticed that the Blk/grey bike in post #1725 above
has them installed also, in the raised position ! ain't they swell.

OK, bye forever ! ☠

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sup old Buddy ha ha

Summer for you now right ? Getting out ? How's your K3 running..and the rest of the fleet ?

I got out today, with all the new parts. plus some general maintenance that it needed ..example: completely rebuilt rear caliper plus MC cause it was dragging to much. It really needed it cause I left the race fluid in there to long and it got clumpy. Primo now.

The 3/4 drop of the pegs felt totally natural. Plus adjusted clips-ons back a bit, really comfortable
Suspension firm but amazingly well damped. Broke in rear disc and it
felt fine, even though it's a Chinese copy of the original design made in Canada.

Most of what I do is related to handling but I'm starting to really notice the benefits of the Flash.
It was great HP weather today, cool and cloudy ...throttle response crisp especially from low down, killer midrange, revs harder.

fuck well, I guess that's it.

G

·
Administrator
13,552 Posts
Sup old Buddy ha ha

Summer for you now right ? Getting out ? How's your K3 running..and the rest of the fleet ?

I got out today, with all the new parts. plus some general maintenance that it needed ..example: completely rebuilt rear caliper plus MC cause it was dragging to much. It really needed it cause I left the race fluid in there to long and it got clumpy. Primo now.

The 3/4 drop of the pegs felt totally natural. Plus adjusted clips-ons back a bit, really comfortable
Suspension firm but amazingly well damped. Broke in rear disc and it
felt fine, even though it's a Chinese copy of the original design made in Canada.

Most of what I do is related to handling but I'm starting to really notice the benefits of the Flash.
It was great HP weather today, cool and cloudy ...throttle response crisp especially from low down, killer midrange, revs harder.

fuck well, I guess that's it.

G
Going great brother ... had to relocate the collection due to the fires being close by.
No easy task I have 12 bikes (2 are wife’s)
I have a very exciting project that should be finished up mid way through this year ... I’ll definitely share it once it’s complete 🤘

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hey ol bud !

Was worried about you cause it seemed the whole place was on fire
Glad you and the fleet are Ok. I was going to inquire but thought you
bailed out of here.

Hope all other past regulars are doing Ok.

Wonder what Skid is driving now lol ?

Finally got my replacement wheel, only took me 11 years...Bill ?!

You can tell it's an R + by taller rim sidewall.

What's this you are working on ?? can we have a clue..bike ?

cheers G

Attachments

1721 - 1740 of 1778 Posts