Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping for some advice - I have a 2001 GSXR 600 K1 - I have recently topped up the oil with Castrol Power 1 racing 10W 40 4T oil, and since then when I reach around 12000 rpm, it seems as though the clutch is slipping as the engine noise increases, but lack of power. Gear changes are smooth with no clunking, and pulls without fail at lower revs

I am not sure if this an oil problem or a coincidence that my clutch is failing.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
could be how is the adjustment, there's an adjuster at the perch, one on the lower cable and one in the slave that adjusts the clutch rod..

if they're loose may be time for new plates or heavy duty springs or both if you like a stiff clutch, time to get into it

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Have you over filled her with oil, normally when you get an issue of this sort always check the last thing you did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could be how is the adjustment, there's an adjuster at the perch, one on the lower cable and one in the slave that adjusts the clutch rod..

if they're loose may be time for new plates or heavy duty springs or both if you like a stiff clutch, time to get into it
Thank you - much appreciated. Ironically- my clutch cable has just snapped

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Thank you - much appreciated. Ironically- my clutch cable has just snapped

good time to get in there remcoe the cover and clean the chain sprocket and clutch slave, clean it all up and adjust it dead nut.. manual walks you through the cable adjustment and rod adjustment..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good time to get in there remcoe the cover and clean the chain sprocket and clutch slave, clean it all up and adjust it dead nut.. manual walks you through the cable adjustment and rod adjustment..
Good idea, thank you for your help and support, very much appreciated. I will watch a few you tube vids to see how it’s all done

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
the service manual walks you through all the adjustments so forth, lot of gens have a free online PDF, snoop around or maybe ask you might find one?

sticky clutch rods can not allow the rod to release far enough and behave as if the clutch is engaged, once cleaned up and adjusted if it doesn't cure it odds are your fibers and or steels are worn, a fresh clutch pack may be in order?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the service manual walks you through all the adjustments so forth, lot of gens have a free online PDF, snoop around or maybe ask you might find one?

sticky clutch rods can not allow the rod to release far enough and behave as if the clutch is engaged, once cleaned up and adjusted if it doesn't cure it odds are your fibers and or steels are worn, a fresh clutch pack may be in order?
Thank a lot for your help - really appreciated - you are a legend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts