Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did an oil change yesterday on my wife's 2013 Charger rt. After I was finished, as I was pouring my used oil into my recycle jug I noticed 2 small balls on the bottom. They look like check balls that would be in a transmission valve body. Just smaller.
I used that same drain pan for my wife's 750 the night before. When I drained that oil before I used it for the car, I didn't see any balls. Does anyone know of any check balls used in Suzuki engines. Small balls. (.124 thousandths) There were no metal shavings or particles in the oil, which is even stranger. Also, I started with a clean drain pan before I changed either of them.. Thanks..

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,416 Posts
Stuff like that really gets into your head. I don't know of any check valves in any year of GSXR. The only ball I know of is more like 3/16" and it's in the cam chain tensioner.

Does the charger engine have any small bearings? Finding two would lead me to believe a small ball bearing came apart.

It could also be something that got into your oil pan and has been there a while and has nothing to do with either vehicle. I've been there before and it is unsettling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the 1st question. Yeah. I would think the magnetic plug would've got it too.. The plug was squeaky clean. Not even fine shavings...The Charger plug isn't magnetic. That's why I'm leaning more to the car rather than the bike.. But I just don't know where on the 5.7 balls like those would be used. I have a similar post on a Charger forum. Hopefully someone can shed some light on it...

2nd. The balls are .124. Which comes out to about an 1/8 inch. One yesh, but two.??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts