Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive come across a 2005 GSX-R 600 with supposedly 2k miles before the accident.. Long story short guy should never have bought a sport bike ended up getting a DUI and rear ending someone going very fast (his words) bike fell kept rolling and the pics show the aftermath... No issues at all engine wise that I could tell.. No leaks etc.. Hes letting it go for legal fees which is 1k.. Should I buy for myself to fix up or should I let it go? Thanks!

FYI Ive owned every brand motorcycle except Suzuki, Yamaha, Triumph and Aprilla lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
That bike was already a neglected basketcase prior to going down, but I doubt that is the real story behind that bike; the engine oil is too dirty for only 2,000 miles. I see a lot of missing parts but why is the fairing bracket intact? Why were the caliper removed? It also has a lot of corrosion all over... I'd pass on it.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,750 Posts
It looks like it was left to sit outside for a long time. If he rear-ended someone, there's no way to tell for sure the frame isn't ca-ca without bringing it in and spending the money to verify geometry. Not worth it. Did you start the engine? If so, did you verify the mileage on the odometer, since the instrument cluster is hanging in front? If it starts / runs nicely, I might buy that as a parts bike but not to ride.

It'll cost much more to bring that up to snuff than the final product will be worth. I'd pass too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If it was up to me I'll pass that bike, you'll end up wasting a lot More money investing in it to fix than buy one for less but that's me.... It's up to you at the end of the day

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,911 Posts
You could part it out for more than $1k. As long as the engine runs, buy it and sell the major components and trash the rest. You could probably make over $1,000 profit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts