Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i wanna know if this has happened to anyone or if anyone knows what this damn sound can be......the last few times iv gone riding on the highway and have riden the bike hard, when i get off the expressway and get into traffic i heard a loud ass popping sound, almost like if my tire popped. its happened to me the last three times. i thought maybe it was my fan kicking on, but i dont think the sound should be that loud...iv checked around the bike and seen nothing wrong....anyone have any suggestions?? thanx

·
Registered
81 Posts
is it your exhaust?

most likely little backfire. Maybe it's running too rich/lean, very normal if you have a bolt on.

Also, maybe temperature change has something to do with it as well...

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's a backfire. It is caused by an emissions part which Suzuki installs to improve its emissions standards for the EPA. That part can be removed by why worry about it.

If you ever do track days its alot of fun because at the end of the straights if anyone happens to be behind you it will scare the crap out of them.

No worries.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx guys............i never thought of that, the next time it does it again ill listen for it coming from the exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts