Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering options for my upper triple tree. I am currently putting the bike back together and this part is not too pretty. Has anyone polished their upple triple tree? If so, do you have any pics? Will I be wasting my time if my keys will be rubbing against it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
I neither have a polished/or picture, BUT if you can polish the hell out of it, clear coat it after, or a clear powdercoat, it'll protect it, and keep you from polishing. keep in mind if there are any swirls/dings/flaws the clearcoat will magnify it.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
mine is dirty as hell....i noticed alot of pitting in that piece when i polished the hell out of her..and she's still not "even"...then be careful also cause that piece will shine into your eyes when the sun gets to it in the right angle...but it's a nice addition

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Sometimes polished Vortex pieces show up on ebay as well as carbon fiber inlays for stock clamps to hide /prevent scratching.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will probably just leave it the way it is for the time being until I get some other stuff powdercoated. How do you guys think the black triple trees would match with the blue forks?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
762 Posts
trust 86 gixxer i polished mine and had to buy a cheepo carbon fiber cover. the reflection of the sunlight is wicked. was not a good choice.
the next time you are riding into the sun take off you glasses and look directly into it while going 60 or 70. that is what it is like when you go around corners and at other most unnecessary times.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
put as many keys as you can on your gixxer key ring. ride on a bumpy road for about an hour and your triple tree should have a high polish shine. :thumbup

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
dJt3xtbook said:
put as many keys as you can on your gixxer key ring. ride on a bumpy road for about an hour and your triple tree should have a high polish shine. :thumbup
:lol:punk

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
dJt3xtbook said:
bahh after figuring ( a while lol) out where that buzzing noise came from, I got rid of all the excess keys/chains lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.