Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, help me out...what size freakin' plug wrench do I need for this '86?? Must be a thin wall socket?? None of mine fit and I'd like to see the plugs!

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
i used to use a sears craftsman deep 18mm socket...i think it was specifically designed to be a spark plug socket....not sure if it was thin-walled or not (what classifies as thin walled?)....

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeff:
i used to use a sears craftsman deep 18mm socket...i think it was specifically designed to be a spark plug socket....not sure if it was thin-walled or not (what classifies as thin walled?)....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The spark plug specific sockets are all thin wall. If you mic' them in comparo to a stocker of the same make, you should see a diff. Just from viz though, I'd bet that the snazzy snapon ones of the same size are 'thin' as well. The plug sockets are all designed for a low load duty cycle, so don't need to be robust anyway, notwithstanding there isn't any f&*(ing room most of the time

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up - it's just that at first glance it didn't appear to be thin walled.....at least not thinner than any of the other conventional sockets...

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just had the same problem. I got a socket at a bike shop that fits perfectly. Its a Honda part but it fits perfect. It cost me about $10 Can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts