Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this question must have been asked before & ive searched forums for an answer but got nowhere!
I have various plug sockets but cant get 1 to fit down the slot to get to the damn plug!
Was told 18mm thinwall so went to halfords today & bought what I thought was a thin walled 18mm t bar tool, got home & found out im the Tool as it dont fit!!!

Any advice & more so links, would be very much appreciated Thanks in advance

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
Have you tried a 16mm or 5/8 thin wall?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mate . im unsure what size plug socket fits & so far cant get one down the hole in the cylinder to reach the plug, is it definitely 16mm? surely somebody could confirm this for me
Tried 3 different ones so far :dissapointed

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
No mate . im unsure what size plug socket fits & so far cant get one down the hole in the cylinder to reach the plug, is it definitely 16mm? surely somebody could confirm this for me
Tried 3 different ones so far :dissapointed
I mean, all you need to do is know what plug is in there. From there, two seconds of googling the spark plug model will give you the nut size.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
OEM plug is an NGK CR9E(or equivalent) and I can guarantee that plug uses a 16mm or 5/8" socket as mentioned above. Buy a plug socket as it has a rubber piece inside the socket well which helps to retrieve the plug by holding it inside the socket(if you didn't already know).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks Old Gixxer
You've just answered my question,
Heading off to fleabay now to order 1

Cheers & Merry Xmas to ya

1 - 7 of 7 Posts