Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm running NGK CR9E plugs ,the manual says gap to 0.7 - 0.8 mm
is this the gap size you guys would use??
and yet the old plugs seemed to have a bigger gap
i asked a suzuki mechanic and he said gap to what you like as the coils produce such a large spark it doesnt really matter
appreciate any input

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THX FOR THE REPLY KATZ

gotta love that banana

just thought there might be some inside info that people who've experimented could share

[ 11-18-2002, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: GIXXERUK ]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Who ever told you to gap them at what ever you like is full of crap. There is a reason that you gap them per to book.. If the gap is large or to small you will not get the correct amount of spark to burn all the fuel.

John

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
thats why i dont take my bike to a dealer for ANYTHING..these guys work on everthing from lawnmowers to dirt bikes..i dont want them drooling to take my bike on a "test" ride..find a pro tuner...or someone that most people recommend...im thinking a sparkplug info thinggy would be good for the tips and whatever forum..

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
Who ever told you to gap them at what ever you like is full of crap. There is a reason that you gap them per to book.. If the gap is large or to small you will not get the correct amount of spark to burn all the fuel.

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">exactly what i thought john,it was a suzuki dealer mechanic,i was buying some parts and i asked the question and i was told to go through to the workshop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts