Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....First,clothes......ankle high boots(tuck in laces),long pants(preferably denim),long sleeve JACKET(not shirt....pref made of leather or a durable material) and a Helmet.
....second,start out on a small(125cc)bike...
....and last,PRACTICE....nothing surpasses time in the saddle....

------------------
"E-mail program errors? Gee....Im afraid your gonna have to format your hard drive..."

·
> than you
2,593 Posts
Never ride beyond your capabilities, and ride assuming everybody is trying to run you off the road. RIDE DEFENSIVE!!!!!

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hello I am a squid
i am going to take my driving lessons soon and I hope I will do it

so maybe you can give me some tips to drive good and safe?
bikes, clothes, etc?
thank you

------------------
Perder la razón en un juego tan real.Quizás fuera un error, cúrame esta herida por favor****Héroes del silencio****

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks, I will remember that

------------------
Perder la razón en un juego tan real.Quizás fuera un error, cúrame esta herida por favor****Héroes del silencio****

·
Registered
457 Posts
what itslame said for the gear . . . .

Put in as much time on the bike as possible. Practice, practice, and more practice.

------------------
If speed kills, do brakes give life?

NEW 2001 GSX-R750 in Blue and White!!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Your eyes should never stop moving while riding in traffic. You must stay out of other drivers blind spots and always have an escape route ready. This means keeping track of all the vehicles around you, if you need to swerve in an instant you won't have time to check if the path is clear.

Also never fixate on the oblect you think you're going to hit, you always go where you are looking. So look where you want to go.

------------------
What a long strange trip it's been...
and still just a rookie.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
it is very important to be aware. and besides practice, and a low powered bike always ride relaxed and i dont mean lazy . what i mean is dont hang on to the bars for dear life and be all tense be loose and ready for anything you will have more control if you are not tense. also never look at what you are trying to not hit (such as a pot hole or stick in the road) look where you want to go always. again, look where you want to go and not where you don't. practice that on a bicycle if you have to.good luck

------------------

·
Rookie
1,401 Posts
Practice makes perfect. And like I told my little cousin " its not like a car, the clutch is not the lever under your left foot" he replied "whats a clutch?"

------------------
SNAFU

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Take the class, wear the gear, get the license and registration. Practice alot, and away from traffic. Keep your head straight up and down. Look where you want to go. Do everything smoothly.

------------------
To finish first,you must first finish.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The easiest way to learn is to start on a liter bike, or at least 750cc's. You should practise riding on the freeway at speeds in excess of 140 MPH. This will help you make quick decisions. As for riding gear, don't wear any leathers untill you are good enough not to crash and mess them up. I would start out with shorts, t-shirt, and sandals. Maybe after you get a little better behind the bars, you can opt for a helmet.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
First things first. See a psychiatrist about your multiple personalities before you endanger people on the roads.

Next. Buy a Hayabusa like Dustin was saying. 1300cc no less. Actually there is a new Honda out, 1800cc that is the best for you. At 700 lbs its perfect for squashing a few of your personalities.

------------------

Got Liter?

·
Registered
504 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GSX-R750:
what itslame said for the gear . . . .

Put in as much time on the bike as possible. Practice, practice, and more practice. practice practice did you practice when you crashed your bike...you ass.and did you need practice when you sold the bent wheel you sent to some poor sucker in canada for the tune of $200 USD come on ass h why dont you have the guts to pay back the money you ripped off me.If you want I will send you your wheel back......but you might have a hard tome getting it out of your ass.This message is for Dom Orlando aka y2k gixxer aka txgixxer watch out for this guy.....I dont think he cares who he rips off.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ 07-29-2001: Message edited by: skid vishous ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts