Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 gsxr600. Every time i hit a bump my RPM gauge and speedometer goes to zero and the bike sounds like its going to kill. If i give it more gas it straightens up, it does it in any gear. Please any info helpfull

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
remove the seat, pop the tank and check all the connectors..you may have to remove the plastic as well...sounds like something is loose..

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
after riding alot of the times if you do not tighten the battery terminals good they will vibrate loose try to check to see if your charging system okay because when your charging system goes those are usually 1 st symptoms but if your able to crank and have no problems i would not really suspect that

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I left the lights on for about five minutes and the battery was dead. will a weak battery cause these problems or a bad altenator. I just bought the bike used with 8000 miles on it and he said he has not rode it much,the battery was dead when i went there to get the bike. But now i dont have any problem starting the bike.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
GEt a tester and check across the battery terminals see how much you have as it sitting still then crank up and check to see if your battery is still getting a 12volts. If you think that it maybe your battery then replace it is that the battery that was in bike since he bought it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he said no. I checked voltage it looks good. Is there a certain wire maybe that would cause like a short. And make the voltage drop.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Check your fuses make sure that there is no corrosion or check wires to see if any hard as in maybe the short is in wires and you don't se it other than that try to feel behind the cluster make sure your wires are good. try to let it run and shake the shiznit outta the upper see if you have that same problem

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all the help. I found the ground wire on the battery with shit on it and i
guess it was losing connection when i hit a bump. I cleaned it and try the bike out it halls ass now. No missing.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
if you find it to re-corrode, try the felt washers, for terminals, as sold in Pepboys, Western Auto, etc.....

they really worked for my car, awhile back....

another 'quick fix' is to pour a very little amount of soda (dr pepper works well) on the corroded terminal, ad stand back, and watch the fizzing/eating of corrosion begin...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts