Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums for an answer to this and haven't found anything, so I appologize if this has been asked previously. I'd really appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

I have a 2000 GSX-R 750, while walking the bike in neutral and bike is off I hear a grinding noise coming from around the front gear. For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out whats going on here!

·
Registered
202 Posts
If it is what I think you are talking about it is just the chain going around the front sprocket and is normal. Roller chains are efficient and durable but are noisey by nature. Some factory front sprockets have rubber cast onto them on the sides of the sprocket just where the edges of the chain will touch to dampen the noise somewhat. It this is the noise you are referring to there isn't really anything you can do about it. But you need not be concerned either. If you have a swingarm stand but the rear wheel up in the air and spin it. If you hear the same kind of noise then this is indeed just a chain noise.

·
Biased Multi Level Marketing Dealer - take into co
382 Posts
Phil, a buddy of mine from Orlando just moved by you and is looking to open a shop. (auto repair) do know of any buildings with enough property for lease or sale ?

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
202 Posts
Phil, a buddy of mine from Orlando just moved by you and is looking to open a shop. (auto repair) do know of any buildings with enough property for lease or sale ?

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

How about a closed Pontiac Olds GMC dealer ? There is one for lease right now. The lot is kind of big, but the shop space isn't overwhelming.

·
382 Posts
I am sure the rent on it would be overwhelming as well. LOL

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been awhile since I posted, but after looking over my chain, I finally figured out that it was in need of lube in one spot which was making noise as it rolled around the front sprocket

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Schlong Swallower
889 Posts
well i seem to have a similar problem when i roll my bike i hear a sort of pop or click or thud in a set interval taht increases until it becomes a grinding noise at speeds above 15mph. I bought some bolts so i can take the front sprocket off and inspect but have yet to find a way to jack the thing up so i can adjust the rear wheel.

·
382 Posts
Are you properly cleaning and lubing your chain ? Most OEM's recommend lubricating every 500 miles.

The Best isn’t cheap
Cheap isn’t The Best

Bob

·
Schlong Swallower
889 Posts
yes i am pretty anal about lubing and such i lube every week about ever 150 miles. This happened after a good cleaning after i took off the front sprocket cover. this makes me believe that it is something stuck in there. IDK though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts