Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bangheadLast year I wrecked my gixxer tore up the body kit so this year I put a new body kit on it and it looks great and runs fine. Untill today I changed the oil in it and now it wont crank. I believe the oil sensor is preventing the starter from turning.
The kill switch is on the run position I turn the key to on and I can hear the bike get power all over and have power to the odemeter. I hit the starter button and nothing hapends. I see the red light on the odemeter with the oil sign above it and the temp to the right of it. And the 10amp ignition fuse is not popped. Somebody please help me with this.:crying

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bump..

I am having the same issue with my 03 1000. Are you able to push start yours? Thats the only way I can get mine on. Once on though its good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
:bangheadLast year I wrecked my gixxer tore up the body kit so this year I put a new body kit on it and it looks great and runs fine. Untill today I changed the oil in it and now it wont crank. I believe the oil sensor is preventing the starter from turning.
The kill switch is on the run position I turn the key to on and I can hear the bike get power all over and have power to the odemeter. I hit the starter button and nothing hapends. I see the red light on the odemeter with the oil sign above it and the temp to the right of it. And the 10amp ignition fuse is not popped. Somebody please help me with this.:crying
umm you realize that the red light and oil lamp are ALWAYS on until the engine has started right?

if you hit the starter and NOTHING happens, it sounds like your not getting spark, but not because of anything the bikes ecu is stopping, if the bike said something was wrong it would have an FI code in place of the temp.

when the bike comes on do you hear it prime? it could have enough juice to power the gauges but not prime and start.
i would check the battery, and if thats good, look towards the starter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts