Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up my bike last friday its a 2005 gsxr 600 and last night i orderd the hotbodies undertail but i since i am fairly new to the bike thing i am kinda paranoid about cars and definately want them to see when i am turning i have read that the signals on the hotbodies arent that bright during the day but the price was right and i liked the looks of it the best any idea on the signals any help would be appreciated. also i would like to be as legal as possible how hard is it to wire up a license plate light and if i do that how far off from legal am i?
thanks alot
andy

·
Registered
556 Posts
Congrats on the bike. Most people don't bother with the license plate light and get away with it. It isn't htat difficult to wire up a light for your plate. If you use an LED you need a resistor(I think) to put in line to reduce the voltage to the specifications of the LED. That way it doesn't blow when you trn it on. If can find the links for how tos I'll post em.

I could have sworn that I saw one in a previous thread on LED help in this forum...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Also, do not expect the undertail signals to be as visible as your stock ones. Integrated turn signals in your tail light help but hand signals when you turn with your turn signals (usually) works best.

·
Registered
297 Posts
congrats on the bike! and don't worry about the rear turn signals, i don't have anything on the bike of my bike, no signals, license plate light or anything, and i have never gotten hastled about it once, even when i have been pulled over for something else. so even though your's probably won't be as bright as stock, you should be ok. just get good at using hand signals, and use them as well. and again, congrats on the new bike, and ride safe.

·
Registered
297 Posts
yup, i just got owned.
well in my defense that is the first case i have heard of where somebody has actually gotten a ticket for that. most of the people i know doen't even have their license plates on their bikes, they are in the trunk. i guess it all depends on the area you live in, and how big of dicks the cops can be. around here the police have more important things to do than pull bikers over with no license plate lights.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
its cool razer, i dont get bothered either in my area for that stuff
i run tiny K&S signals and no license plate light......
looks cool, but not 100% legal....

·
Registered
297 Posts
haha, its all good. the only time i have ever gotten in trouble is for impoper view of license plate, cause i had it hidden way down behind the rear wheel by the rear shock. haha, but i fought it and won. now i have it ziptied to the holes where the screws were for the rear fender, and its bent back pretty far so its hard to read, but still no problems with where i got it now. most likely you got a ticket out of bad luck. when i got my improper view ticket, the cop even told me that he was being forced to find stupid stuff for tickets just to give them out, cause otherwise he would have let me go on it. he was a fellow biker too, so that probably helped. who knows, but the LED idea is probably the best way to go if you are that worried about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.