Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, If I don\'t fix my bike my dad is will sell it!

Hey there guys, my dad came home yesterday and saw the bike and he is not happy. He wanted me to buy his VFR800 so he could buy a 93 CBR1000RR. So I have two weeks to fix everything that's wrong with it, so if you can offer some advice, here it goes:

1) New Brake Light (he says the aftermarket one is too small)
2) New Turn Signals (None present, but the wiring is all there)
3) New Speedometer or Speedometer Cable(Cable is not attached, but I don't know if the unit still works)
4) Gauge Lighting (I don't know why, but it flickers on and off, so I need to fix something)
5) New Paint (not a necessity, but how much should I expect to pay?)

Please help me out guys, I really like this bike, and it runs out really strong, I don't want to sell it. If you know of anything that will help me fix it, any tricks or tips, please feel free to chime in. Thanks again.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: Please help, If I don\'t fix my bike my dad is will sell it!

You can sell my bike when you pry the keys from my cold dead fingers....

1) £10 ebay
2) £15 local bike shop
3) If you have a cable attach it to the back of the speedo and twist the other end with our fingers, you should see the needle jump a bit.
4) Check your earth connections & all connections in general
5) Depends, £40 in spray cans or up £1000 custom paint job.

·
Registered
163 Posts

its not really that much work.

you can find most items at your local dealer or search the net for salvage bike yards in your area. some places out of your area may ship the needed items to you. you can also buy aftermarket from any of the site sponsor shops. some of them carry OEM replacments as well.

ebay is a great source.

buy a manual from the dealer or the net and you can figure out the wiring problems.

Tell you dad to post his bike on www.cycletrader.com and to leave your bike alone.
it will sell pretty quickly thousands of people go there a day.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Yeah I say cheap parts , go ebay. Find a few people on there selling gixxer parts, I think there is a guy beatagsxr that sells alot of stuff for 88-92 bikes.

·
Registered
339 Posts

Hey there guys, my dad came home yesterday and saw the bike and he is not happy. He wanted me to buy his VFR800 so he could buy a 93 CBR1000RR.
Your dad is just messing with you, there's no such thing as a '93 CBR1000RR.

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
Re: Please help, If I don\'t fix my bike my dad is will sell

Nope, back then the CBR-RR was "only" a 900... CBR 900 RR.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts

I Would rather push a Suzuki then ride a Honda.
Over complicated junk.

Mike

·
Registered
4,896 Posts

Would rather push a Suzuki then ride a Honda
lmao^^

my local bike shop has flush mount turn signals like 25.00 a pop but mirrors are 34.00 a piece

93 1000rr.???never made
I go with the 900 rr too.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I had the gauge lightening problems too. the rubber that holds the bulb in got all rotted and it wont hold the bulb in well. Just cut them off and rewire it with an led and the proper resister. Like a 4 dollar radio shack trip. LEDs wont work if the positive and negative are reversed btw

1 - 9 of 9 Posts