Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a bike and right off the bat the ignition was janky and hard to turn. 3 days later my key is twisted and now I cant ride my bike. Please someone help me wire a toggle switch or just get it to where I can start my bike without a key I am not a thief I will provide my bikes vin # please someone get back with me so I can get back riding again. I spent all my money on this bike and I dont have anymore to invest in it. I already have my ignition removed I just dont know what wire goes where.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I just bought a bike and right off the bat the ignition was janky and hard to turn. 3 days later my key is twisted and now I cant ride my bike. Please someone help me wire a toggle switch or just get it to where I can start my bike without a key I am not a thief I will provide my bikes vin # please someone get back with me so I can get back riding again. I spent all my money on this bike and I dont have anymore to invest in it. I already have my ignition removed I just dont know what wire goes where.
It is a 1997 gsxr 750

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
welp, use some lock loose to get the key out, saturate the lock mechanism with a penetration liquid and graphite lubricant, get key made..

very difficult to hot wire these as there is a theft integration, way easier to get the key to work, OR, get a racing sub harness, that will bypass all your safety and theft features allowing you to use a toggle and on your on off switch, some have a safety tether auto off in case you get off mid stream..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update my friend said he knew what he was doing and didn't, he cut the ignition, touched some wires together, my neutral light came on, but then nothing. Now no matter what happens no power, I went further down the cords to where your ignition plugs in and pulled the plug. I now am gonna just order a new ignition and key, but now I'm pretty sure he tried some fuses maybe my wiring harness, or maybe my battery is dead. Idk. Stressed to the max all input is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
yea man, you cannot hot wire these bikes, doesn't work ECU needs a SPECIFIC ohms reading given by a diode in the ignition itself, passive theft feature.. works to a degree, makes it difficult to hot wire and or start without a key, works as you found out..

better off finding a good used loom or a brand new one from ronayers, NEVER cut a harness EVER, unless you want a headache, the wiring on these models already have issues, no need to compound..

hopefully he just popped a fuse, the main is under the rear cowl left side, and the ignition should be up front left side around the ram air tube..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts