Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone,

This is my first post on the site. Im a newer owner of a 2008 600 and believe I have come upon my first issue with my bike. I searched many forums but did not find anything specific about whats going on with my bike. So save me the “check older forum posts.” Hopefully one of you have had a similar experience, so heres the deal.

When I turned on my kill switch before the fuel injection sound was strong and clear! Bike ran great! One day when I started the bike, I noticed the fuel injection sounded weak, almost like a whine. Now I noticed that when I crack the throttle in any gear, once I get into the high rpm’s, my bike starts to break up. The power will go completely out for 2-3 seconds then come back. I imagine this is a fuel issue of some sort. If anyone has had any similar experience, let me know what you found out.

Thanks.

· Registered
2008 GSXR 1000
5 Posts
Sup everyone,

This is my first post on the site. Im a newer owner of a 2008 600 and believe I have come upon my first issue with my bike. I searched many forums but did not find anything specific about whats going on with my bike. So save me the “check older forum posts.” Hopefully one of you have had a similar experience, so heres the deal.

When I turned on my kill switch before the fuel injection sound was strong and clear! Bike ran great! One day when I started the bike, I noticed the fuel injection sounded weak, almost like a whine. Now I noticed that when I crack the throttle in any gear, once I get into the high rpm’s, my bike starts to break up. The power will go completely out for 2-3 seconds then come back. I imagine this is a fuel issue of some sort. If anyone has had any similar experience, let me know what you found out.

Thanks.
Check your fuel tank for any rust built up, I had a similar issue and found my fuel pump clogged from rust build up. New pump, injectors out and cleaned, de rusted the fuel tank and she's sweet. Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.