Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stop all the crying about..Oh everyone wants to take down the '05 with this frame defect s..t..They're just jealous because the "Gixxer is king of the hill again"Call a spade a spade Ive seen monkeys weld better than this regardless of the fact the bike hit a wall the weld is for SHIT! ANyone who knows alittle about welding could look at these pics and see that the weld sucks! I hope that this is only one particular case,don't need to see anyone get hurt.But please enough with the I love Suzuki bullshit.I own one, I like it.But come on now people!

·
Registered
870 Posts
its a flaw that Suzuki will fix on all remaining models and next years...no big deal..But this is the reason I don't rush out and buy the 1st year model when it first comes out...Have to wait a bit and see what the bugs are going to be....

·
Chubby Chaser
57,033 Posts
Stop all the crying about..Oh everyone wants to take down the '05 with this frame defect s..t..They're just jealous because the "Gixxer is king of the hill again"Call a spade a spade Ive seen monkeys weld better than this regardless of the fact the bike hit a wall the weld is for SHIT! ANyone who knows alittle about welding could look at these pics and see that the weld sucks! I hope that this is only one particular case,don't need to see anyone get hurt.But please enough with the I love Suzuki bullshit.I own one, I like it.But come on now people!
Do me a favor and send your bike into a wall at 100mph (not with you on it of course) and see how the welds hold up.

I'm glad we have people so skilled in metalurgy as yourself to enlighten the rest of us that "ANyone who knows alittle about welding could look at these pics and see that the weld sucks!"

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I agree. This whole conversation is getting old. Get on your bad moto scooter and ride ...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sh1t, take a look at some Ducati welds. My Ducati welds look a helluva lot worse then the Suzuki stuff. Why everybody is so critical with the "look" of the welds,I have no idea. I believe that Suzuki has done enough pre-manufacture stress testing on the frames that i'm very comfortable with racing my bike. Hell, I've already gone down on it and I still feel fine with it. But, instead of whining about the bike, sell it and buy something else if you feel uncomfortable about it. Jeez.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sh1t, take a look at some Ducati welds. My Ducati welds look a helluva lot worse then the Suzuki stuff. Why everybody is so critical with the "look" of the welds,I have no idea. I believe that Suzuki has done enough pre-manufacture stress testing on the frames that i'm very comfortable with racing my bike. Hell, I've already gone down on it and I still feel fine with it. But, instead of whining about the bike, sell it and buy something else if you feel uncomfortable about it. Jeez.
Concur.

And it's nice to see someone willing to admit thier lack of riding skills so readily.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Concur.

And it's nice to see someone willing to admit thier lack of riding skills so readily.
Hee, hee... well I figured a 1000 would make a perfect first bike.

·
Banned
13,898 Posts
I have resolved this issue.

All you have to do is order some of the factory warning/information stickers that originally came on your bike from Suzuki.

Take the stickers and place them over the welds that you a concerned about.

The stickers will form a high strength bond with the metal and prevent it from ever coming apart even if you hit the wall at 100 MPH +.

The only draw back is if you ever have to remove the stickers it will be a brutal process. In fact many have lost their minds while trying the remove the factory stickers.

Also if you want some cheap HP buy some Yosh stickers.

Each Yosh sticker is good for 5 HP on the dyno.

A bit of free wisdom.

Before you let your friend ride you bike ask him if he has crabs. Sometimes it is not better to share with the group. On the positive side the vibration the bike has when revving at 10000 + seems to calm them down and reducing the itching sensation.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I never knew there were so many motorcycle experts on this site. I get tired of everyone coming on this site and trying to talk like they are master mechanics when more than half the people on this site are just average riders who have not been around motorcycles for very long. I am not trying to start an arguement or insult anyone so don't reply to this post with some negative shit. I have been riding for almost 15 years. I know quite a bit but not everything about bikes. I just wish everyone would stop trying to make excuses and have all the answers to all problems. I doubt very seriously that Suzuki engineers would put out a bad frame. Come on, How long have they been building bikes. I'm sure they didn't come up with a new way to build frames in 2005 that is any different than how they have been building them in the past. I have seen some pretty serious wrecks on the track and street and seen some bikes tore up in ways you couldn't imagine. The bike hit a wall and broke were it broke. That is all there is to it. You could put another bike into the same wall at the same speed and get a different result. I'm sure your pretty tired of this winded post so I'll stop now. Enjoy your beautiful and very powerfull 051K like I do mine and quit listening to all the nasty rumors. Oh yeah, Be safe.

·
Highly unstable
11,359 Posts
since your practically quoting my words exactly ill just say pipe down junior before you get
. you dont like what i have to say then dont fucking read it pal..

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's allready been pretty well established from witnesses and looking at the pics that the frame cracked in the crash and that the owned was lying. So now people are saying how the frame sucks anyway. Well I found this on the r1 board from another online "expert" (who knows?), but it sort of makes sense. Also it makes a better argument than just saying "ANyone who knows alittle about welding could look at these pics and see that the weld sucks! " (as if we're all experienced ALUMINUM frame manufacturers).

http://r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=6b31251eb18a03c9d6e0ca7754d3a23e&threadid=126834

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
since your practically quoting my words exactly ill just say pipe down junior before you get
. you dont like what i have to say then dont fucking read it pal..
Didn't know that they were your words "junior" Jeez....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.