Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, please don't insta-ban as this is a girl-jacket related question.

Ok so I want to get my GF a biker jacket.. shes getting her permit, and I wanna get her a nice jacket to go along with it. I have a few questions..

I want it to be a surprise for her, so I don't want to have to ask her what size and stuff, but was hoping you girls could guide me to the right decision..

she likes the color pink..

i'm going to get her a leather jacket.. she's 5'2, skinny, but has a large chest (d cup).. now this is going to sound like a stupid question- but i've never bought girls jackets before.. tons of clothes - but no jackets.. what would be the right size jacket for her? I would assume medium, but she's skinny.. any help is appreciated.. if I have to have her try it on I'll do that and just pay for it.. but I was kinda hoping of surprising her with it... Thanks.

oh by the way - she liked a few of the ICON jackets, so I was going to get her that... not sure if those run big or small so I figured I'd throw that out there.

Thanks again. and please don't banninate me.

·
Dirty Doc Melissa
5,535 Posts
There is another thread about jackets on here. Check that thread out and then just ask what size the girls have when you see the one you want to get her. :dunno. I have a leather jacket and mine is a size 42, but it is a woman's jacket. So the size is just weird.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
sounds like she is built like Dilly. 5'2" 110lbs......and she is a full C cup.

XS will be the size..... not sure what if it is a numbered size.

·
I’m a SEX addict and proud of it!
9,990 Posts
I have a pink joe rocket jacket.. (not leather) and its a large.. it all depends on the jacket.. you need to take her shopping and just playing around have here try a couple on.. and if shes a D.. you might want to get it a little bigger so she can zip it.. :lol :lol

only pic I have of it right now..

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
saphire, your Joe Rocket jacket looks too big.

FWIW, a riding jacket should fit snug/tight. If not it will roll up, and with the textiles they will rip more easily. Also the rolling up of the jacket will give you rash almost as bad as the pavement will.

·
9,990 Posts
saphire, your Joe Rocket jacket looks too big.

FWIW, a riding jacket should fit snug/tight. If not it will roll up, and with the textiles they will rip more easily. Also the rolling up of the jacket will give you rash almost as bad as the pavement will.
really.. u think so.. hell I think it feels too tight :dunno I couldn't get the medium on.. or zipped.. and when I tried to take it off I was stuck.. :lol :lol

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
It should be almost like a second skin...... yes I think so. It should not fit like a fashion jacket. It should be tight, and difficult to get on and off.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
and......... that is also why I do not like Icon, and some of Joe Rockets stuff. Heck even some of the A-stars stuff....... any of them that are cut like fashion jackets will tend to fit too loose, and give a false security.

·
9,990 Posts
It should be almost like a second skin...... yes I think so. It should not fit like a fashion jacket. It should be tight, and difficult to get on and off.
hahaha.. should of went with the medium.. :dunno I'm due for new gear anyway.. thanks joe.. :cheers

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha awesome,... will do..

i was hoping to avoid taking her as I wanted to surprise her with it and give it to her the day she passed her MSF course.. but from what I'm reading here all the jackets kind of fit different.. so it seems unavoidable to surprise her with it.. oh well...

thanks for the responses.. Moto_joe saw you're subscribed to this thread - you can lock it now if you want as I've gotten the info I need, or I can just delete it.

Thanks again everyone.. and thanks for no insta-ban

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
No reason to get rid of it. Others may want to read it too. Anyone who does not reply with pertinent info will be banned though :lol

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha gotcha.. we can leave it, as i wasn't a girl I just didn't want to encourage other people to come in and think they can just post in here.. I mean I read the sticky from the top of this forum that said "Don't post if you're nto a girl" so thats why I included - please don't ban in my title.. haha..

but yeah thanks again for all the info.. now that i think about it.. she'd probably want to pick her own jacket out.. i mean i might pick one she likes.. but she'll get one she loves..

good call girls - thx again :)

·
9,990 Posts
ok.. not to thread jack.. but joe.. when I had the other one on and got on the bike.. I just felt like I couldn't move... or breath..:lol very stiff.... so thats why I went for the bigger size.. I have a icon that fits better.. but I like the pink.. is that what its suppose to feel like? I mean even when I turned my head to check for cars or whatever.. I was like having problems.. :lol :lol

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Here is Dilly in her gear. and honestly that jacket is still a little big on her IMO.

We are actually going to be getting rid of that gear soon, for a full 1 piece leather set for her

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is Dilly in her gear. and honestly that jacket is still a little big on her IMO.

We are actually going to be getting rid of that gear soon, for a full 1 piece leather set for her
i'm not seeing a picture...

but yeah saph - i agree - gear should fit tight.. if its loose it will hurt when you fall.. will move up - basically wont be able to do its job

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
ok.. not to thread jack.. but joe.. when I had the other one on and got on the bike.. I just felt like I couldn't move... or breath..:lol very stiff.... so thats why I went for the bigger size.. I have a icon that fits better.. but I like the pink.. is that what its suppose to feel like? I mean even when I turned my head to check for cars or whatever.. I was like having problems.. :lol :lol

Probably just not the right cut for you. It shold fit better in riding position, then it does standing up.

Picking a jacket for its COLOR, and getting a larger one so you can get that color is probably not the smartest thing in the world to do :wacko :lol

Try a different make/model....... It should fit tight. It might feel a little restrictive at first just cause you are not used to it. but give it an honest go...... it is meant to protect FIRST, look good second.

·
9,990 Posts

but yeah saph - i agree - gear should fit tight.. if its loose it will hurt when you fall.. will move up - basically wont be able to do its job
okay.. squid move.. umm.. I dont plan on falling :shifty :lmao :lmao thanks guys..

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Look again :shifty :lol :squid

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Probably just not the right cut for you. It shold fit better in riding position, then it does standing up.

Picking a jacket for its COLOR, and getting a larger one so you can get that color is probably not the smartest thing in the world to do :wacko :lol

Try a different make/model....... It should fit tight. It might feel a little restrictive at first just cause you are not used to it. but give it an honest go...... it is meant to protect FIRST, look good second.
AND if it fits right (which in this case = snug or a little tighter) its going to look pretty good. :yumyum

1 - 20 of 24 Posts