Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's a guy in Whitby called 'The Plastic Surgeon'. I have some parts in with him now, but don't have them back yet (next week). He's supposed to be good. His number is in the yellow pages.

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
Pedro's cycle in Brampton
He's a small shop good prices
Talks a lot

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have to tell you, I did mine just before winter (some paint and welding) now I regret it. I realize that my welder could not be the best but final effect isn’t all that, something always doesn’t seem right visually. $500 for weld and paint, $250 in lost stickers… and I’m still not to thrilled with it. Now I’m looking into buying used fairing off of eBay or some place. Just my .02, you should look into replacing them if it’s in a bad shape.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
I have to tell you, I did mine just before winter (some paint and welding) now I regret it. I realize that my welder could not be the best but final effect isn’t all that, something always doesn’t seem right visually. $500 for weld and paint, $250 in lost stickers… and I’m still not to thrilled with it. Now I’m looking into buying used fairing off of eBay or some place. Just my .02, you should look into replacing them if it’s in a bad shape.
If they're a very good plastic welder, it will come out far better then stock. I think you just had a bad experience in my opinion

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, my parts are done...finally. The guy did a good job, but it took a lot longer than promised. I don't think the job took that long for him to complete - it was more around getting him to get started on them. I painter had warned me about him when I had dropped off my parts to him and indicated I would be 'hassling' him to get my stuff done. It always amazes me when you're willing to shell out cash for something and people struggle with getting around to doing it...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Try going to 2wheeljunkes.com website & click on the links for Dave Andrews # in Whitby. He does amazing work #905-787-9044 & he looks after all the 2wheeljunkies painting.

G

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dave's the guy doing my paintwork also. I'm supposed to get it back the end of next week. Not sure if he does the plastic welding himself, as he picked up my parts at the plastic welder I used because 'he had some bits to drop off there anyhow'...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts