Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know any places to ride in south GA or north FL that is cop free and has some descent curves? I went riding a few weeks ago in Echols county on hwy 94 which in a good high speed area that we thought had very few cops on it after a short time I passed a cop at 125 MPH. Even thoughi swore i would never do it i hit the gas and ran, since it was saturday there should only be one cop right... NOPE, there was two and since i gained over 3 1/2 miles from the cop chasing me the other cop set a road block so now i was facing a shot gun pointed at my head so i just gave up. Even though it is a country road and ther are only 2 cops for the entire county there are only two ways off that road and they had the one i picked blocked. After having to lay on the ground and put my hands behind my head and all that crap I got arrested (obviosly) and charged with 125 in a 55 and fleeing with attemt to ellude. I caught the judge on a good day and since i had a clean record he reduced the charges and all i had to pay is a $1000 (only
) fine. It was enough to scare me though i could have spent 10 days in jail and 6 month suspended liscense. I was close to selling my bike but i like it and riding to much i'm just hoping for a good place to ride close to me.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Theres this really fun race track in Jennings Florida. I highly reccommend it. No cops, great truns and fast. just below georgia and off I 75 I know all about 125 in 55 but i didnt run. cost me 850 (with lawyer fees) and reduced to wreckless driving. In north carolina Hence the signature (somewhere in North Carolina I purchase 2 miles of road side flowers).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw your quote the other day someplace else on this site and i figured that is what you meant. I was toying with the idea of buying some leathers and hitting up track days sometime, I know where jennings is and hung out there a few times. I have some friends that race too, and I wouldn't mind hitting some track days up in Barber either.

·
Registered
134 Posts
come to north ga (atl). 75 will get your here. i can get you up in the mountains close to tennesee. no need to worry about cops or anything like that. lots of open road and very little traffic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts