Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anyone., We are all bikers from around Gatwick area in the Uk and are looking for new places to go for a ride. Anyone know of any good events coming up or places to meet?? BoxHill and Bury Hill get abit tiring once you've done it 30 + times...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. We've been to DevilsDyke a few times which makes a nice ride but never been to Battle so might need to try that one.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hi there, welcome to GDC! There are loads of nice roads if you know where to look....can you tell me please?!!
Try www.boxhill.co.uk, there are some people up your way, but the majority of us are in Brighton and meet up for rides all over the place!
Julia

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that we'll check out that website. We all came for a ride down to Brighton Marina last night up through Devils Dyke way which was good through the back roads.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Typical British summer..just have to grab the good weather on the rare occasion that it happens.

PS. Like your boys r stupid comment..Felt like throwing the odd boulder or 2 myself at times!!!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Loopy Lou said:
PS. Like your boys r stupid comment..Felt like throwing the odd boulder or 2 myself at times!!!
Yeah I've been wondering about that too and it got me thinking of the question "If girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice, why do they Ok I wont go there.

BTW Jools have you read the latest edition of TWO magazine? They have quite a good write up on the old GSXR 750s

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hi Axel, how are you doin?

Nah, i haven't pivcked one up, but i will now, thanks!

I didn't get the job that i told you about, a bit gutted yesterday so we went out and got drunk, then won £45 on a pub quiz so that wouldn't have happened if I got it!!!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Sorry to here that Jools, but as they say "Chin up and keep a stiff upper lip" I know how you feel, after all I went through a complete year of let downs but in the end it all payed off. If something comes up at my company I'll let you know. At least the 45 quid you won payed for some of the booze rite?

Cheers

Axel

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Aksman previous comment......Girls are made of sugar nd spice and all things nice.. Just some have different amounts of each ingredient !!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah likewise there are some right wrongun's out there!

Boring old job really I'm an accounts manager/accountant (yawn,yawn) for a company up here so i have the mundane job of making all the figures add up on a daily basis with the aid of my trustworthy calculator!! But most of my time is spent on the net..

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Oh right, still, it pays for your bike etc, that's what I keep telling myself!
I do the hideous job of dealing with regulator complaints! I'd love to get into the biking world, and I have put my CV around, but no luck so far! But I am only 25 so I have a bit of time left to get into what i want to do!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah it does. Wot sort of area of the biking world would you like to get into?

One of our friends works for Pand H and loves it, gets to ride any bike he wants. Another one of our friends has got an interview next week with the Suzuki race team so fingers x'd he gets the job. Like you say 25 is still young enough.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yeah I went for a job in P&H Brighton, they have my CV so hopefully something will come of that.
I am doing a home bike mechanic course with ICS to help towards anything, i wanted to go to Merton college in Surrey but i can't afford to leave work at the moment!
I'd like to do most anything with bikes, but we want to buy a house this year and as you know the prices are awfully high, so that may not happen!

Have to wait and see
Love to work for a race team, that sounds very cool!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A friend of a friend works in P&H brighton, he lives near us and services our bikes for us.. Small world ain't it! Fingers x'd for you though. Your brave doing a bike mechanic course, I'm a nightmare for things like that.

One of our friends has gone into rookie 600 racing this year and think my husband would love to do it but it's a fortune so he'll just have to stick to the odd track day here and there! House prices are bizarre aren't they..Good Luck with that!

How long have you been riding for?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Small world, whats his name cause I know a couple of people in there from hanging around constantly!

I'd love to do a track day, but I wouldn't use my bike, she may be old but she is a beauty and i would cry if i wreaked her!

I have been riding since 16 years old, used to ride mopeds up and down behind the houses though cause my friends brother always had bikes, i am sure they were stolen though!

What about you?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
His real name is Neil, big tall chap. I say his real name cos my friend always calls him Yeti for some strange reason but not sure if Neil knows this!!

I'd love to do a track day to but likewise would be a tad apprehensive about doing it on mine.

I've only been riding since last October but my husband and all our mates have been riding for years like yourself. My husband bought it as a wedding pressie last yr..think he got fed up with me going pillion all the time. So i'm only a novice but think i've come on well.. bit too well for my husbands liking so i keep getting told.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
3 Participants
Julia_
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing