Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Piteck undertails? If so, any information would be great.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've got a hugger from Piteck for my '02. Nice piece.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
that looks like decent feedback to me.. a few neg's but honestly with over 3k auctions you are bound to have a few bad apples

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yah...I think i'm gonna get an undertail and hugger from them. i'll let you all know what they're like after they're installed...now...i just need to decide color...i have the silver black 03...i'm thinking both silver...hmmm...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay....ordered my undertail and hugger. I'm guessing with all undertails you lose your trunk space? i know i know, a little late now, but is this the case?

·
Registered
181 Posts
no not at all, I got one from them for my 05 750 with a tire hugger everything fits just right....good luck

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
was that a Pit-Teck undertail or a different one? Also, their undertails and huggers don't come with any hardware. Is there anything special I need to install these or will I just have to get basic nuts and bolts and whatnot that I can get from a local hardware store. Here are the items in question.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4550330395&category=35580

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4549057107&category=35580

Thanks again for everyones help!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Honestly man, i bought a hugger from this guy and it did not fit the slightest. I ended up shipping it back to him after he said he would pay the shipping, then he refunded me without the shipping. I did not leave any negative feedback, but my hugger didnt fit for shit.

·
Registered
181 Posts
For the undertail: just remove the push pins and the holes will line up just right....For the hugger: remove the old chain guard that has a push pin and a screw on the left side and a small screw on the right side up under the exhaust. If I can get some pictures of mine I will send them too you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sluggo,

You -might- need some longer bolts for the lower end (near the footpegs). I took off my pegs and mounted the bottom of the tail with 5/16 by 1 inch hex bolts. You can find them at any hardware store.

You'll chop off about 1/3 of your trunk space, but nothing terrible.

The only problem I've found with Piteck, is the LED assembly. They aren't very bright, and the brake light isn't much brighter than the running light. So I'm gonna look for an additional LED brake light and mount it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sluggo,

You -might- need some longer bolts for the lower end (near the footpegs). I took off my pegs and mounted the bottom of the tail with 5/16 by 1 inch hex bolts. You can find them at any hardware store.

You'll chop off about 1/3 of your trunk space, but nothing terrible.

The only problem I've found with Piteck, is the LED assembly. They aren't very bright, and the brake light isn't much brighter than the running light. So I'm gonna look for an additional LED brake light and mount it.
Great post, just the info I was looking for, thanks! Are the lights dangerously dim or just a nuisense (SP)? Oh well, too late now, I already ordered. LOL! I also go the hugger. How did you think the overall fit and finish was of yours? Also, did you find that the instructions were understandable? I know the guy selling the stuff doesn't have the best english. I can't wait to get mine!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the undertail and the hugger. The hugger uses stock bolts, no problem. the undertail i used the two stock pop clips and then where it bolts through the passenger pegs yiou need to go to a hardware store and get two bolts exactly like the stock ones but 1/4 inch longer. you will also need a few washers for spacers and don't overtighten them or else the undertail might crack. let me know if you need any help

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the undertail and the hugger. The hugger uses stock bolts, no problem. the undertail i used the two stock pop clips and then where it bolts through the passenger pegs yiou need to go to a hardware store and get two bolts exactly like the stock ones but 1/4 inch longer. you will also need a few washers for spacers and don't overtighten them or else the undertail might crack. let me know if you need any help

right on.

For the washers, look for 'self sealing washers.' They are in the bins at Home Depot (near the bolts). They are metal washers with a rubber ring fixed to them. I put the rubber side to the paint to avoid pressure and cracking.

For the overall fit and finish; I think it looks great for $148. Fiberglass will crack over time, but oh well.

The brake lights could be considered dangerously dim, which is why I'm going to add an extra brake light. I don't wanna get rear ended by some jagoff because he didn't see the lights change from running to break.

good luck man

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, the undertail and hugger came today. The undertail that was sent was black insted of silver, so I'm going to have to try to get it exchanged for the right color. The finish on the undertail didn't look bad, however I'm not to big on the way the lights look. Hopefully they'll look better once it's in. The hugger was silver. Overall, the finish is mediocre at best. Paint is blotchy and uneven. I guess it won't matter much because you really won't be able to see anything unless you're close to it. The fit on the otherhand is HORRIBLE. Or I'm doing someting wrong. It took some work to get the swing arm screws for the chainguard on and to get the swing arm bolt in in front of the tire. The rear bolt holding the brakeline in place isn't even close to right. Off atleast a 1/4". Did any of you have this same problem? The hugger is snug, but I do not have the bolt for the brakeline in at all through the hugger. You guys have any suggestions? If need be I can get pics to show the problems. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but i'm usually pretty good with this stuff.

Thanks again for all the help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i had the same problem with my hugger. what i did was used the two bolt for the chainguard and the one for the brakeline and left the one behind the wheel empty. i felt that the hugger was tighter and it was more even over the wheel. also if you look at it from the side it will look like its bolted on right because you don't really look at that one bolt where the stock plastic piece was. when i put the chainguard bolts in and the one behind the wheel, the hugger was touching the wheel on one side and 3 inches away on the other. but bolting it from both sides and leaving the one by the wheel empty, it lines up perfect.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yah, I just tried what you said. I took all the bolts out and tried to do the brakeline bolt first. The problem is that the bolt hole on the hugger isn't low enough to reach the bolt hole in the swing arm. I'm just going to see if the guy will take it back and send another one when I send the undertail back. I'm thinking that's the least he can do since he sent me the wrong color undertail. We'll see and I'll keep you guys posted. Once again thanks for all the help, hopefully he'll have the new stuff back to me by the weekend.

Thanks for the help and check back for updates. LOL!

The saga continues.....

·
Registered
195 Posts
I mentioned before that I sent my hugger back to him because the fit was horrible, and he said he would pay to ship it back when he refunded, well he didnt. I did some research and called that fugger, got my loot!! See if this number still works, call him and tell him before you send it. (954) 661-5103

1 - 20 of 28 Posts