Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up some Motovation bar ends and swingarm spools now im looking for stands.....have chosen to go with pitbull.....you guys know a place to go for the best prices? Also original rear stand or go with the stand with handle on the side?

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
I got both of mine from indysuperbikes.com

Go with the "Forward Folding Rear Stand". It is so easy to use by yourself. I can have my bike on the stands by myself in a minute.

You can't go wrong with the Pitbulls:punk

Here is my 1k on them...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
394 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have the S/S rear stand and the standard front stand. Quality is top notch on these. Either version of the rear stand is going to work well. It takes me only seconds to throw the bike up on the stands by myself. I prefer the traditional rear stand with the handle behind the bike. Reason: I like to have it far out of the way when I'm lubing chain or doing upgrades or other maintenance.

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
most stands are drop shipped due to the weight of the stands and shipping costs.

pitbulls are good stands, but most any stand will get the job done. You haven't seen many threads on here about people dropping their bike due to a band stand have ya? That's my take on stands anyway. Kind of the same with dampers. Not many get headshake and crash with any damper. When it comes to some products as long is the job is done then the product did it's job.

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
lambo: not necessarily. they are all steel or alum then welded. it's not like one company uses titanium and the rest use low quality metal LOL it's all welded metal. i have dmp stands, redline, and checkerflag and trust me i've thrown them all when i'm in a rush and abused the crap out of them and not one of them has cracked a weld or anything. The funny part? I never even painted my redline stands so they have been rusting for 3 years now and they still are sturdy as ever. When in a rush i'm not known to be easy on tools or stands LOL

I will admit that the pitbulsl probably look the best, but as for function compared to others or even long lasting. I would have to question that. And i'm not just bashing a product as there is nothing at all wrong with them, but i can't really bash any stands as i've yet to see any that are of such low quality i wouldn't sell, or use them.

·
Banned
2,003 Posts
MotoMummy said:
lambo: not necessarily. they are all steel or alum then welded. it's not like one company uses titanium and the rest use low quality metal LOL it's all welded metal.
Maybe not, but those metal tubes come in different diameters and wall thicknesses......

MotoMummy said:
And i'm not just bashing a product as there is nothing at all wrong with them, but i can't really bash any stands as i've yet to see any that are of such low quality i wouldn't sell, or use them.
How about this for some junk:

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/rs/showProduct.cgi

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I got a DMP Spec-R Rear Spooled Stand, got it off Ebay new for $50 and it gets the job done, yeah I could have got a Pitbull and paid around $150 but I only use this to keep my rear tire off the ground for the winter.

The rest of the year I use the kickstand becaue I use my bike so frequently and it's a pain getting the bike off the stand by myself. So for me, the DMP stand gets the job done perfectly, without breaking the bank.

·
60,366 Posts
FYI, the difference in time between putting the bike on the kickstand and picking the back tire up with the Pitbull "Forward Folding Rear Stand" is exactly 4.7 seconds.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I think woodcraft is better but its all on personal preference.

I also think pitbull stands are heavy compared to others and over priced I also dont like how the leverage arm is so long you always trip over it.

·
60,366 Posts
9 times out of 10, heavy=sturdy=confidence

I got alot of money in those bikes, i would rather have them on something that is heavy and feels strong. But like you said, it is all personal preference.

Besides, they aren't that heavy...you big puss

(j/k)
:)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I have a standard Pit-bull rear stand. I went with Pit-bull because they have bigger wheels on them than any of the other stands I looked at.:cheers

·
60,366 Posts
quikslvr750 said:
I have a standard Pit-bull rear stand. I went with Pit-bull because they have bigger wheels on them than any of the other stands I looked at.:cheers
That has to be the best reasoning i have heard yet. :rolleyes

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
CBnTN said:
9 times out of 10, heavy=sturdy=confidence

I got alot of money in those bikes, i would rather have them on something that is heavy and feels strong. But like you said, it is all personal preference.

Besides, they aren't that heavy...you big puss

(j/k)
:)
yeah they arent that heavy but compared to my woodcraft they are. I do think they are one of the best quality but because they only have one wheel one each side they tend to flex.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.