Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pirelli, Dunlop, How Bout the BT002\'s

Title says it...I have 208 gp's on the bike now..I'm willing to give em a try..I'm a Pirelli guy at heart, but what about the bt002 stones..? heard lots of good things about em, anyone have First hand experience with them..?

If you chaned from 208's..what suspension changes did you make..if any..?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Re: Pirelli, Dunlop, How Bout the BT002\'s

you should just stay with the "lops" they are more than great and if the bike is already set-up for them it will make it the much easier!!

i dont have expierience with other tire brands sorry... i am a "lop" guy

·
Registered
951 Posts

I have run the BT002's all last season and must say i like them over the D208's. The profile is more like the Pirreli front.

If you run the stones, you will like them...........virtually everyone does once they give them a shot. They hold grip for a long time too. Ive run some to a whooped stage and they still don't just let go, they just sort of slow down.

·
Registered
580 Posts

Been running the stones for a while now really like them,they have a lot crisper feel than the super corsa's.The 208 has a larger diameter rear vs the 002-so the rear would have to dropped around 6mm.June 05 roadracing world just a tire test & the 002 was picked #2 w/ the power race #1,the 208 gpa was classified as a hi perf street-not even a race tire like the 002 & lap times were 3 sec faster on the 002 vs 208 gpa & 2 sec faster vs the race sportmax which ranked 4th out of 4 w/ pi #3

·
Registered
951 Posts

Unno about adjusting your rear 6mm for a tire change that is a LOT.

D208GPA's are much more than a street tire. They are great race tires. Just some new models are more up to date. I think D lop has a 209 out now.

·
Registered
580 Posts

the 6mm give or take 1mm rear adj is what rrworld had to do to make the geometry the same between the 2 tires-002 to 208gpa-but as you know no two bikes are exactly the same-so your set up will vary

·
Registered
951 Posts

oh, okay......i was like dang 6mm adjustment on your back end is a lot, ahah

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks fella's...I was at the WERA races today, and talked with the local Stones vendor..he said that bridgstone is coming out with a new tire to replace ..I think..the 002..in any event..I think I'm at least gonna try em..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts