Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a pipe for my bone stock 89 750. I see on Hindle's website that 88-89 750's and 89-92 1100's will interchange. Any other years that will actually work on my bike with some tweaking/bending or other creativity?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
...stick with Hindle...
8lbs 'nuff said
-Karl

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I spoke with Lang Hindle about this matter last fall. His pipes are the same for a few models but not for others. And the same may apply for Yosh, D&D, Kerker or whoever....

He makes two types of headers, a 750 motor height and an 1100 height. An 1100 would work on a 750, but a 750 would be too short for an 1100. What problem would you have? A 750 header on an 1100 would have the header running into the oil pan. And an 1100 header on a 750 would have the header too low and into the fairing lowers.

I have an 1100 pipe on my 750. It was on it when I bought the bike. It wasn't until I actually rode it that I smelled the header melting the left & right lowers. I tried using thermal blanket between the pipe & lower but it burned the blanket. So I ended up marking an area on the lower and taking my jigsaw to remove a pair of "V"'s for the lowers to clear the header. Now no melting.

I suggest you buy the 750 header for your 750 motor. It should be the same price as the 1100 and save you unwanted hassles. Also you will like the Hindle pipe as it uses a spigot mount for the header to attach. It is really easy to remove the whole pipe. 6 springs and one bolt and it comes off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody got a used Hindle they want to get rid of?

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Karl posted a link to a used one on Ebay...you just have to win it.

If you don't win, Give Ron Ayers a call (one of the site sponsors) and ask for Chip. Tell him you're a gixxer.com guy and you should get a better deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts