Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to the Forum.
My question is.... if I change the pipe on my GSXR 750 do I have to do any other adjustment in the mapping system?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
You don't HAVE to do anything. But, optimally it will have the bike running better/smoother. Even in stock trim bikes are generally mapped on the lean side to pass emissions regulations.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
If you change the pipe but leave the filter, you don't really have to do anything for fueling.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You don't HAVE to do anything. But, optimally it will have the bike running better/smoother. Even in stock trim bikes are generally mapped on the lean side to pass emissions regulations.
Just to piggyback on this, I turned my buddy's 09 1000 with power commander and a wide band 02 on the street. I targeted 13.2 - 13.4 A/F. The bike runs really smooth! Also, my buddy said the bike runs cooler his water temps are now like 10 degrees lower always. When mapping the bike for the mods I have to increase fuel by as much as 15+ in the lower RPM and lower TPS. Mid RPM Mid TPS I took out just a hair no more than like -2. High RPM High TPS I added around 9+ to 12+. So yes the bikes are tuned for MPG and passing emissions, not performance. They are lean from the factory except for mid range. That being said I'm only mapping Air fuel not. timing. Also, Suzuki tuned our bikes for regular pump gas, not 93 so I'm assuming that with higher octane you can bump the advance up a bit with a richer A/F to make a bit more power. That being said what will kill a motor is detonation and running lean is not ideal but if it does not detonate with a grain of salt you can get away with it and have a good running reliable bike. So do you need to tune your bike for a exhaust and filter, ideally yes! Absolutely Necessary No unless you have knock or denotation. The reason my body's bike is running cooler is I'm dumping more fuel. So for the long run, a nice A/F not to rich but not to lean is ideal for long-term reliability and performance, NOT FUEL economy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to the Forum.
My question is.... if I change the pipe on my GSXR 750 do I have to do any other adjustment in the mapping system?
You -may- not have to do much of anything if it is a slip-on replacement. If a full system, bite the bullet and get a PC or ECU tune. You'll be happier with the improved performance and eliminated lean issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts