Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some advice here.... I just recently got my bike rims powder coated neon pink.... They have been on there for about a month. I did my research and made sure the powder was for outdoor use and polyester. Now.. since about a few days ago.. i just realized that the pink powder is fading super super bad.!!! and it makes me so mad! Does anybody have any advice on what to do? Do i repowdercoat it all and put clear on top? the reason i didnt the first time is the company stated that clear was unnessesary! So i have no freak clue!!!! Please help !

·
Banned
10,466 Posts
clear just makes the powder coat shiny...does nothing for protection of the elements.

seems you got a shitty PC job. I'd take it back and have them sand blast it and redo at less cost. They probably just did one or 2 coats.

lol you're in MD...I need to keep my eye out for someone with pink rims :shifty

check out HQcoating in Chantilly, VA or there's another REALLY good place in Manassas (forgot the name) Manassas Coating or something like that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am looking for some advice here.... I just recently got my bike rims powder coated neon pink.... They have been on there for about a month. I did my research and made sure the powder was for outdoor use and polyester. Now.. since about a few days ago.. i just realized that the pink powder is fading super super bad.!!! and it makes me so mad! Does anybody have any advice on what to do? Do i repowdercoat it all and put clear on top? the reason i didnt the first time is the company stated that clear was unnessesary! So i have no freak clue!!!! Please help !
Post up some pics..... I was thinking about having mine done Hot Eye Burning Pink too...!!!! I'm interested to see what they look like. I'm gonna do it on an 09 Murdered Out 1000.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't think it was a bad powder coat job. It's neon and neon fades. I don't think there's a way around that with paint or powder if it goes in the sun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts