Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pingel\'s are shit. EVERYBODY MUST READ

people are always saying how great they are. well heres my experiance with 2. after getting home tonight from my paint shop (just wanted to rest) i go into my garage and just about got knocked on my ass by the gas smell. so i go searching for where the smell is comming from. found out it was the good old 93. i looked to make sure i remembered to shut off the pingel, sure as shit it was in the OFF position. i gathered my thoughts for a minute with the
look on my face. open the gas tanks and PLOW im missing 4 gallons of gas.
. im am now pretty pissed off. that pingel was untouched since last july when it was put on BRAND NEW, didnt even take it off when i painted the tank. the story on the 1st pingel was i could never get the damn thing to stop leaking, so i bought a new one. im glad that i spent 150 bucks on 2 junk pingels, 10 bucks for gas that went right into the oil. so back to the petcock i go. atleast i dont have to worry about turning that damn thing on and off. never again will pingel get my money.

so who has a site i can buy a petcock rebuild kit?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Re: Pingel\'s are shit. EVERYBODY MUST READ

you did something wrong! ebay sells the rebuild kits

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

you did something wrong! ebay sells the rebuild kits
thats the whole point of me saying that i have not touched it since july. it worked find until now

·
Registered
7,883 Posts

there's a buy it now one I think
Rebiuld kit
Good luck if you have Keihins in your bike, me I'm still having electrical problems

Bobbychet

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

sorry to hear that you found the Pingel to be shit. but i am sticking with it. hope that the petcock is better for you.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

there's a buy it now one I think
Rebiuld kit
Good luck if you have Keihins in your bike, me I'm still having electrical problems

Bobbychet
yeah then tonight i go to put the bolt back into the oil pan. the mother fucker got striped some how. so i guess i will be swaping out oil pans now.
i guess its going to fight me until i dont own it anymore.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts

Like anything at leats one person in 10000 will have problems. I have had Pingles on all my bikes and currently have them on six bikes in the Garage. Some of them are 16 years old with no problems.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts

yep just like a woman,high maintenance. ASE step away from the bike and put the hammer down,it's not worth it! Tomorrows another day to get pissed

Bobbychet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts