Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Pingel make a petcock for the GSXR that actually has a reserve position? I've got one ordered and it is on the way and now I don't think it has a reserve but Pingel's website doesn't give many details. Now what?

------------------
We are men of action, lies do not become us. Are there rocks ahead? If there are, we'll all be dead.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Umf,
I believe all Pingles were made for drag racing so there is an "on" and an "off" period.

------------------
88 slingshot modded to the gills!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do I just automatically fill up every 100 miles? or does anybody have any great ideas like always riding around with a water bottle full of gas?
Seems pretty inconvenient to me.

------------------
We are men of action, lies do not become us. Are there rocks ahead? If there are, we'll all be dead.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I don't think Pingel makes one
I have a low fuel light on my 90 thank god.

------------------
Chris Andrews
90 GSXR 1100 [email protected]?
1216,4" over arm,air shift,and nitrous.
OLD SCHOOL

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mr Tri's,
Where might I aquire a low fuel light and indicator for my 88 750 (tank)?

E

------------------
88 slingshot modded to the gills!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
It's stock for my 90. Matbe you could mod it to fit yours?

------------------
Chris Andrews
90 GSXR 1100 [email protected]?
1216,4" over arm,air shift,and nitrous.
OLD SCHOOL

·
Registered
223 Posts
My petcock is always on reserve. Whenever I fill up I reset the tripmeter and work out the mpg. I find it dangerous running out of gas in traffic and having to switch to reserve. My 1100L has a low fuel warning light but even if it hadn't I'd be running the bike on reserve. I get better range out of a tank and don't have to worry about running into reserve unexpectedly while overtaking a truck with trailer.
Wolf

------------------
1990 GSX-R1100L (Red& Black)

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
A lot of the Pingel's do have reserve, but the GSXR1100 item is considered a race petcock, so no reserve.

PS: per Pingel, 6 turns of teflon tape minimum prior to torquing it down (npt fitting). This allows you to tighten it up with the outlets facing in the correct direction

I installed 5/16" viton o-ringed fuel breaks in line on the fuel lines as well as a 1/4" break on the gas overflow line. Makes removing the tank a LOT simpler. Just have to unplug the low fuel light plug, undo the bolts and crack the lines. Got to remember to turn the valve off first though

------------------

·
Registered
507 Posts
My APE catalog show 1 part # for the GSXR 1100 # is 32GSXRDAH it is a duel outlet race (on and off). The 750 shows 4#s 6210AH single outlet race, 6211AH single outlet with reserve, 3210DAH duel outlet race, and 3211DAH deul outlet with reserve. Hope this helps you out. You can get a catalog at http://aperaceparts.com

------------------
If ignorance is bliss....Why aren't there more happy people

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I asked for a copy of the Ape Race Parts catalog. I also asked Pingel directly about the reserve valve on the GSXR. Their response is quoted here...
SORRY OUR RESERVE VALVE DOES NOT FIT THE GSXR.

So...as far as I can tell, if I still want reserve, I've gotta go OEM or if I don't care about reserve and just want to fill up every 100 miles, go for Pingel.

------------------
Life is better on a bike

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I'm so in the habit over the years of resetting the odo tripmeter that I used it rather than reserve anyway. With the old vacuum petcock, I ran on Prime most of the time, then set it back to On when parked.

Anything to bypass that [email protected]#king vacuum shit!

------------------

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an 87 750 tank with a Pingle petcock with a reserve on it. I bought it direct form Pingle about 6 years ago and even had them rebuild it for me once. Maybe it is not specifically a GSXR part but I sware that it is.

------------------

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.