Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an 86 GSXR 1100 and would like to replace the factory fuel tap with a Pingel high flow tap (the factory one broke and is around $100 new). My question is does anyone know the correct one to use (there is supposed to be a tap just for the GSXR's, but I think this one is for the newer GSXR's; from the description it sounds different from the old 86 gas tanks). The tank is the original factory tank and the factory tap is centered between the bolt holes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
Don DeVore @ DC's GSXR Pitstop
< www.TheGSXR.20m.com >

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have an 86 750 and made a high flow vale using a water shut of valve for a refrigerator they are avail from home depot chrome right angle about 3/8 line smooth operation not affected by gas but you have to make an aluminum plate and drill and tap some holes. I no longer have a resevre but I dont care. For a fuel filter I used a purolator 3/8 in out inline with a screen filter has a clear bowl do not use a paper element there is to much fuel restriction. The whole mess cost about $12.00 plus some time. Works very well.

------------------
86 totally non stock

·
Banned
982 Posts
Both of those ideas these guys gave are good,Me,Just passing through the post!see-ya

------------------
"Joey-Red"
TWIN CYCLES
3 Bruckner blvd
Bronx,N.Y.10454
(718)292-TWIN

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I would just call pingel 608-339-7999. I'm sure they have what you need.
Later

------------------
Chris Andrews
90 GSXR 1100 [email protected]?
1216,4" over arm,air shift,and nitrous.
OLD SCHOOL

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey everyone thanks for the great ideas and help. I revisited the Pingel website ( < www.pingelonline.com > ) ; they've made some changes since the last time I looked and now have a fit chart that answered all my questions. FYI for those are interested; the parts needed for the change over....

for 86-88 GSXR 750/1100

fuel tap # 32GSXR-D-AH
(high flow dual outlet fuel tap; no reserve)

Adaptor plate # A1702C-0

both of these are less money than ordering the original Suzuki unit ......

------------------
Don DeVore @ DC's GSXR Pitstop
< www.TheGSXR.20m.com >

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Good to hear you found what you needed. I'm pleased as hell with the Pingel on my '93. Talk about flow. Also, security-wise, its slightly out of sight and I can run the bowls dry before parking - nice little bonus for non-pickup truck thieves.

Re the converted water valve from the fridge.Take care to check any O rings or rubber seals on it. They would most likely be fairly cheap rubber/butyl. You really require something in Buna or Viton to be trustworthy around fuel.

------------------
Fat Bastard's bike: '93 GSXR1100wp CDN version w/ thoroughly ridiculous # of mods :)

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
i've got a pingle valve. and i wish i had the stock

it doesn't fit correctly so turning it off is hard but if i leave it on, #1 cyclinder gets flooded. also i've ran out of gas 2 times because there is no reserve position, so i can have a quater tank of gas and still be out that sucks

------------------
Hello, my name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to Die.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pod99966:
i've got a pingle valve. and i wish i had the stock

it doesn't fit correctly so turning it off is hard but if i leave it on, #1 cyclinder gets flooded. also i've ran out of gas 2 times because there is no reserve position, so i can have a quater tank of gas and still be out that sucks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a drag! A guy I know had more or less the same problem on his 7/11. He wound up putting the stocker back on and having the Pingel attached on the right hand side to supply his NoS system. Mine fits/acts 100%, so there is definitely no one-size fits all. I've still got all the stock shit (except the vacuume breather hose) so give me an email if interested.

------------------
Fat Bastard's bike: '93 GSXR1100wp CDN version w/ thoroughly ridiculous # of mods :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
I run Pingels on all my bikes and never had a problem, maybe im lucky but I doubt it. Sometimes I could see the adaptor plates causeing a problem so take your time and make sure you do it right. Stock bikes dont need a Pingel, search for a used stock one on the sites. Performance bikes..its a MUST have! Like they say..'PASS MORE GAS!!'

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhatBastardDesigns:
I run Pingels on all my bikes and never had a problem, maybe im lucky but I doubt it. Sometimes I could see the adaptor plates causeing a problem so take your time and make sure you do it right. Stock bikes dont need a Pingel, search for a used stock one on the sites. Performance bikes..its a MUST have! Like they say..'PASS MORE GAS!!'

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I'll take the Pingel if for nothing more than getting rid of the fucking vacuum crap and actually being able to SHUT THE GAS OFF!!! Enough with the leaks and being paranoid every time I put the tank back on, thinking, oh fuck, did I zap all the tubing properly.

Phat, I moved from the stock 125 mains up to 155 with my last mod. In your experience, does that make the Pingel less of a decoration and more of a necessity? They are a fucking work of art as well.

I wonder if folks go a little overboard on reaming out the hole that touch to allow the Pingel 'into' the tank???

Anyway, I'm sold on the damned thing. Now I just may put quick connects on the line to finally put and end to the tank BS of an older GSXR

------------------

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
john what kind of mileage are you getting with those 155's? 10, maybe 15 miles a gallon?

you could probably get your fuel tank enlargened.

------------------

[This message has been edited by jeff (edited 03-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by jeff (edited 03-06-2001).]

·
Registered
398 Posts
15mpg? Hell, better than im getting on one of my bikes! The pingle is one of the best mods you can go with for performance..in my opinion. More air/fuel in and exhaust out is key to power..as well as the effeciancy of the engine.For power mods..and to go to a 155 you have a few..hehe..I would run the Pingel Duel outlet for sure, but once again thats my opinion. I love the valve and agree that it is a work of art.

Now say you run N2O..YES you need the Pingel as the biggest cause of nitros explosions/problems is not enough fuel flowing. The stock valves tend to leak..for me at least..and the Pingels never have..and I have removed them and replaced them many times doing various things like painting the tanks and such.

I guess decide what your goals are..performance or style..and chose from there. I recommend certain things for all performance bikes and the Pingel is among them. Hope it helps in any way!

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeff:
john what kind of mileage are you getting with those 155's? 10, maybe 15 miles a gallon?

you could probably get your fuel tank enlargened.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeff, you bastard, you found me out!!!

My bud's actually get on my case about mileage. Actually, its the Norton trained bladder that REALLY needs to stop at every gas station, so I just top up to cover up

I was thinking of asking some of my BMW friends for some 50gal blivet tanks for Xmas. Should help. A bit. Maybe.

I do not get good mileage. I do not care. Hehehehe. Fortunately, I don't ride a Sportster with a peanut tank !

------------------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts