Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a 120 km run back from the dealer with the new Powers.

The stockers lasted only 5500 km's. Quite happy with the performance of the BT's though.

First impression of the Michelins is that these tires are very, very good.

Anyone else running them on their K5?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i took the bridgestones off after 400 miles, i hated them, no confidence in the front, on with the pilot powers and the bike feels fantastic allthough a little unstable, nothing to worry about though, mega impressed

·
Banned
564 Posts
i installed mine at 300 miles and like them alot. the bike does feel a little uneasy when crossing a painted line under power. i had it spin up on me with a slight tank slap at 110mph in a fast sweeper. who knows if any tire would held .

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
our stock bridgestones are rated top 3 best tires in the tire shoot out. i personaly likethem now than before. my buddy had on the powers and he love them

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
So far I have not liked any of my Bridgestone street tires. BT 56, BT 10, BT 14.

However I got a Bridgestone sponsorshipf for road racing and will be testing their race tires out in July.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I used them on my K4 for track day at VIR last weekend. They held up extremely well at all lean angles and were very predictable on the slides. They're now completely shredded.
I was worried that I would need race tires for the track as I like to ride very hard, but I could not be happier with them.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
our stock bridgestones are rated top 3 best tires in the tire shoot out. i personaly likethem now than before. my buddy had on the powers and he love them
As I said I actually liked them and wouln't hesitate to try them again, but wanted to try the so much talked about Powers this time.

Have to disgree with jeep on the front end feel. Total confidence all the way for me with the stockers

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
have you thought about how many time others have crash on michelins/dunlops etc etc other than you?? its usually the rider my friend

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I run Pilot Race H2 rear and S2 front on the street. Kinda sad really, I simply have no other tire to choose from. I'm a spoiled michelin fan from now on.

Can you tell I love them?

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
i like the bt014's, very predictable, and they offer good traction. i will be trying the pilot powers next as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i agree on the 014's. good tire. i liked the front profile on the powers and the grip was great but i had 2 power rears puncture from gravel 2 weekends in a row. i know the flats were coincidence but so far the 014's get a few more miles per set , 1,500 vs. 1,300, and no punctures.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i have pilots power on my tl an they are awesome im debating on going with the powers on the k5 or maybe the metzler m1 there really good but dont last long at all

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I have no problem with the BT014s. Didn't like the BT012SS at all.

How are you guys getting 5500 miles out of a set of tires... cripes, I got less than 1,500 miles out of my last set (staying near Robbinsville for a week may have had something to do with it).

Then again...

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
ok now i know why your getting only 1500 miles....too much pressure on those tires with your weight. no pun intended. just facts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
probably get another month out of the stock tires, have a set of powers i pulled off my k3 when i sold it hanging in the garage ready to go on, 180 rear

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I've got about 2000 kms on my Pilot Race H2 rear. No squaring off. No signs of wear other thana great purply color at speed.

I ride 2up once in a while too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts