Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a TL1000r, they look exactly the same. Can you confirm that?

The real funny thing is that my lever is broken the same way. Im trying to figure out if I have a bad master or slave cylinder. My master creates some pressure when I test it off my bike but does not create any pressure when installed on my bike? I tested by squeezing the lever with my finger over the outgoing hole and fluid in the reservoir.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Was it working before? What happened that it is now not working? You say that the lever is broken. Did you drop the bike and now it dont work? Just trying to narrow down things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it working before? What happened that it is now not working? You say that the lever is broken. Did you drop the bike and now it dont work? Just trying to narrow down things.
I had my bike parked on Wet Willy's on South Beach. Everyone parks side by side. I went for a walk scoopin the chicks on the beach but when I came back to my bike the knob part of the lever was broken off. No signs of my bike being dropped on its side. No other damage except for the lever!

Every since then I would need to refill the reservoir every so often. I parked my bike for about 9 months and now I get absolutely no pressure when I squeeze the clutch lever.

I bleed the system 3 time and took off both the master and slave to see if i could locate the problem. Dont see any damage in the slave and cant tell if the piston inside the master is damage. It goes in and out smoothly but there is still something wrong in one of the two cylinders?

·
Banned
635 Posts
does anyone have a picture of an 07-08 clutch master and slave cylinder gsxr 1000
Do a search for "OEM parts finder" or "OEM fiche" or similar using Google. There are a few dealers like Bells Honda for example that you can look up the part numbers for the different models.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,346 Posts
A look at the parts book indicates that everything is different.

It almost sounds like someone swapped their broken lever for your good one while you were away from the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts