Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying an older bike to stunt/teach riders on and I was thinking. Carpet the thing so its fairly scratch resistant, and it looks pimp too =D

What I am looking for is pictures, arcticles, how tos, anything on making a fuzzybike =)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think it was the Starboyz who kind of put that whole scene on, with the furred out bikes and using them for freestyle. Heres a guy at the Stuntfest last year, cant wait for it again to come around in August!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone who supplied pictures. I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet.

I am stuck half and half on the carpet thing. I think I may try to fiberglass the old fairing first and do a paint job on it. If it doesnt work then I can always go back to the carpet idea.

·
Registered
436 Posts
there is a guy here in town who stretches pantyhose over his fairing...looks good acually, and comes off for replacement...just glues the inside of the fairings, and does different colors...covers cracks, holes, and makes they fairyl match if the colors are different

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm thats a REALLY good idea with the hosery. Thank you ever so much!

And guys you are forgetting something here, really old bike with plastic that is shot to hell. So it looks bad the way it is. Also its not going to be much of a speed machine its for stunting mostly and or a little cruising down mainstreet.

Edit: I will get some pictures of this beast. I think I will take it to an actual bike shop and get them to go through it. I am good with mechanical stuff but I have no experience with bikes so I think that would be for the best [I dont know what I am looking for].

Its a 1985 Ninja 900 [yeah yeah not a gixxer but it is from a friend who needed money for moving and it was $1000].

1 - 15 of 15 Posts