Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Just call me Colonel Angus
130 Posts
...Next, I will get it started, and see how much oil we have to add, and see how clean the oil is after it runs a few minutes.
Have a good one ???
A long time ago I thought Mobil 1 wasn't any good because it turned very black soon after I put it in my car. Turns out it was my fault for not changing the oil soon enough, and it turned black because of the dirty oil that wasn't drained from the engine. I soon changed it again and it was much cleaner the second time.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well when I fired it up, for about 5 minutes, the temperature got up to 136 Fahrenheit. Then let it set about 5 minutes, and there was no oil in the window. (I know that not all of the oil has drained down, and it is reading low, because the motor is not warmed up, all the way. )
But I put a little over a half a quart more in it, and run it a little more.
That makes a total of a little over 3 and 1/2 quarts. Just nick said, it
holds 2 and a half quarters.
( the manual says it should take three liters with just oil change, oil change and filter 3.3 liter, complete overhaul 3.6 liter.) And here is a picture of how much oil was in the window after it sit for a few minutes.
20200326_220535.jpg

After it sits overnight it will give me more of a accurate reading.
I will check it tomorrow and see if it needs more!!!
Have a good one ???

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Well it's been about 24 hours, and the dirty oil is still coming out, but not quite as much. I think I almost have it drained. Maybe one more day? Lol

View attachment 570856
And I did have a little bit of metal shavings on my drain plug magnet. But it was the first time I have ever seen any shavings on it. I don't think I will tear it down yet. I think it will run a little while longer. And the shavings are not the reason that I drain all this extra dirty oil. I just don't want it in my motor. And if it blows up when I start it, I will let you know!!! That's a lot of metal on the drain plug magnet. You need to change oil more often,every 3000m. Oil is cheap ! Every 500m for race bike. Modern oil is designed to drain off quickly, this is why it runs out for so long. PLEASE PLEASE NO ONE USE SOLVENT TO WASH DIRTY OIL OUT OF THEIR ENGINE !!!

View attachment 570857
Have a good one ???
Well it's been about 24 hours, and the dirty oil is still coming out, but not quite as much. I think I almost have it drained. Maybe one more day? Lol

View attachment 570856
And I did have a little bit of metal shavings on my drain plug magnet. But it was the first time I have ever seen any shavings on it. I don't think I will tear it down yet. I think it will run a little while longer. And the shavings are not the reason that I drain all this extra dirty oil. I just don't want it in my motor. And if it blows up when I start it, I will let you know!!!

View attachment 570857
Have a good one ???

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
That's a lot of metal on the drain plug magnet. You need to change oil more often,every 3000m. Oil is cheap ! Every 500m for race bike. Modern oil is designed to drain off quickly, this is why it runs out for so long. PLEASE PLEASE NO ONE USE SOLVENT TO WASH DIRTY OIL OUT OF THEIR ENGINE !!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well it's been about another 24 hours. Now I'm going to check the oil in the bike. This is after putting three 3.6 quarters in it, and running it about 10 minutes,last night .
Here is a couple of pictures, One to show the bike is level. And one to show how much oil is in it now.
20200327_182950.jpg
20200327_183132.jpg

Looks like it is still low. I will add some to it and see how much I have had to put in it, to get it full.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Okay I filled it up, just below the full mark. I will have to drive it and get it warmed up good, too get a accurate
reading. And I have put a little over
3.8 quarters. And I was wrong about the oil change intervals. Here are a few pictures of how much oil it takes, and intervals.
20200327_194834.jpg
20200327_194936.jpg
20200327_200412.jpg

the last picture is to show how clean it looks, Not bad, for a use motor with over 120,000 thousand miles on it.
If you look at how much oil it is supposed to take, I have put in a little more, than a rebuilt should take???
(I tripped on filter change intervals)
Have a good one ???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi ya'll,
Here is my last picture on my extra mile oil change. This is after I road it 20 or 30 minutes. To show how clean the oil is after the extra mile oil change. I think it looks a lot better than most bikes with half the miles.
Have a good one ???
20200405_192208.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live in Tennessee. The weather is getting just right for riding here.
With this Corona virus I am missing out on a lot of riding now.???

·
Just call me Colonel Angus
130 Posts
Hi ya'll,
Here is my last picture on my extra mile oil change. This is after I road it 20 or 30 minutes. To show how clean the oil is after the extra mile oil change. I think it looks a lot better than most bikes with half the miles.
Have a good one ??? View attachment 571118
Haha Scootertrash is the clean oil king of the world! All I do is go for a ride to warm up the engine to operating temperature and then drain the oil long enough to stop dripping while I take off the plastic to get to the oil-filter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Smoked_Sum,
I have never had no lower plastic.
I bought it for the insurance Buy-Back where it was wrecked in 05 with 951 miles on it. A good friend and customer let me have it for $1841.00 dollars, the insurance Buy-Back.
I even got to keep the warranty on it,
They even replace the frame at 51,000 miles were my Big butt broke it. ?
You'll be safe, don't touch your face or well, just don't touch the damn thing.
Have a good one ???

41 - 54 of 54 Posts