Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
861 - 873 of 873 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just bought the bike (11 gsxr600) last week on Thursday and was at the track on Fri, Sat and Sunday at Nelson's Ledges. Seems to be a stock setup other than race plastics. Was a great time!

View attachment 576873

View attachment 576874

Rob
Hi Rob, we don't know each other, but I'd like to make a suggestion, if you don't mind.
Your lower body seems to be off of the bike just fine, but your upper body is still pretty centered, along with your head. One thing that helped me counter that is to "drive the rear shoulder" toward the turn. What that forces is for your outer arm to drape over the tank and opens your upper body up. Once your upper body is opened up toward the turn (or anticipated direction of travel), your head will naturally follow. Your head should be somewhere close to where the inner mirror would be if you had mirrors on the bike.

Dave

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I know I need to move my head in. I’m working on it lol
Try using my “nipple” method. It’s simple so it’s easy to apply. Here it is: when coming into a corner, be mindful of your outside nipple and aim to place it on the inside corner of your tank. For example, when coming into a right, aim your left nipple at the right corner of the tank. It did wonders for my BP and has helped a few of my friends as well. Give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I like the idea and the name. Great tip thanks. I just hope my gut doesn’t get in the way haha
You got it man. Dropping lbs does wonder for your BP as well. I say this from experience. I bought a spin bike, I am riding It right now, and dropped 27lbs before last season and it was an eye opener. I was able to move around a lot easier on the bike which made the whole experience better. You got plenty of time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It’s summer here now so I’m in my riding season but the weight loss
Is my target for next year. This year is technique and smoothness. Next year I’ll work on speed. I’ve done 4 days on track this year and got so much better, just need to keep improving :)

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
It’s summer here now so I’m in my riding season but the weight loss
Is my target for next year. This year is technique and smoothness. Next year I’ll work on speed. I’ve done 4 days on track this year and got so much better, just need to keep improving :)
Seat time is definitely where it’s at. Good luck with your progress Phil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got back from Snetterton where the old 7/11 just had a successful mission …. Nothing blew up, fell off or had anything leaking!!! To be honest I’m super impressed how well it went, handled and stopped. Only done about 50 miles on the road since I’ve had it. So I’m very happy it made it through the day. It took a good , full on , caning!!!!
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Helmet

Vehicle Helmet Automotive tire Motorcycle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Helmet

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just had the first season TD on my 18' 600, i know its not a track bike(yet) but has just about everything a track bike does minus the fairings. I was taking it easy since the new rear shock, throttle and brakes were on and I was rather sore(or maybe just out of shape) and wearing a new suit which was stiff. I'm also just over 6'1" so the bike can feel cramped. I can really lean this thing over but wanted to just be comfortable this early in season. Trying to look into a tall seat option but can't find anywhere.
Wheel Tire Helmet Sports equipment Motorcycle helmet

861 - 873 of 873 Posts