Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics of Puig race/dark smoke DB on \'05

For anyone interested in seeing what they look like on the '05. Thanks to Slava at Flatout for the price and quick shipping!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: Pics of Puig race/dark smoke DB on \'05

It looks sweet. Do you have a site you ordered from and how much was it. I have the same gry/blk.

·
Registered
438 Posts

I have mine on my k5 also got it from another site sponsor (capefear). I am very happy with the screen, but not happy with having to put the damn thing on.. Boy was that not as easy as any other bike I have owned..

·
Registered
32 Posts

Screen looks very very nice. Also check out oneida suzuki. I think they have the screens for 56 bucks or right around there.....

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

It's a blast getting a windscreen on and off this bike huh?

I just mounted up my ZeroG DB yesterday, ugggh.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Looks great! What does it do for the bike, though? You notice it much?
It definately helps with the wind buffeting. I'd say it's a nice improvement over stock and well worth it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You're tellin me.. What a pain in the ass! Didn't know which was worse, the turn signal plugs or fishing the wires. Annoying but worth it for the end result

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Nce looking shied Where did you get that TANK PROTECTOR???
You can get one at any Suzuki dealership. I needed one in a hurry so I just picked it up locally.

Otherwise flatoutmotorcycles.com or oneidasuzuki.com should have 'em..

·
Registered
231 Posts

do the puigs still make you put that little c channel rubber at the edge of the screen, cause it looks like it does, if anyone has the zero gravity does it have the same. thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

do the puigs still make you put that little c channel rubber at the edge of the screen, cause it looks like it does, if anyone has the zero gravity does it have the same. thanks
They don't make you do anything. Yes it comes with it but you don't have to put it on if you don't want to. I don't believe the ZG's come with it. At least they never have before.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I bought the race clear so I can still film out the front. But then I get it and the graphics on the new Puig are higher up than on the stocker. It still looks and works better than the OEM. But what I really hate are the stupid plastic screws they use to hold it on! I've already striped 2 of heads. As for the mirror wires, the first night I had the bike home I took it all apart and re-routed the wires so that they weren't going through the holes in the windscreen. Oh, and I got mine from kneedraggers.com And I had custom designed my tank pad at tankpads.com.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

You're tellin me.. What a pain in the ass! Didn't know which was worse, the turn signal plugs or fishing the wires. Annoying but worth it for the end result
I got so fed up trying to fish the signal wire through that I just poked a hole in that rubber piece that sits between the fairing and the screen and just ran the wire right straight through it. Should I need to remove the shield or a mirror again it will make the job a hell of a lot easier.

·
Registered
235 Posts

Scratch,

Does your triple clamp steering damper work well? Worth the $

·
Registered
301 Posts

I like the 1000R sticker, did that come on the Puig?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

I like the 1000R sticker, did that come on the Puig?
yes!

umm i love puig. but its just too low for my riding preference. i preferred the suzuki DB..better wind protection but no body could beat the ZG SportTouring screen!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Scratch,

Does your triple clamp steering damper work well? Worth the $
Yes it works well. To me it was worth the $$$ but then I've always been a fan of the Scotts. Upgrading to the ohlins unit (in place of stock) is a bit cheaper and a good way to go also. I just like the rotary dampers myself.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts