Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics of new Yosh slip-on my \'05

OK, it finally came today. I installed it right away, the sound is great. I have not ridden it hard yet but after a few mile run, it feels stronger than with the stock exhaust and SET valve. I also removed the EXCVA servo motor with no problems, you only have to discon one wire at the ECU to disable the SET system. This is the TRS slip-on in stainless steel and CF can. The Yosh part# is 1116262, the Parts Unlimited# is 1811-0251. It looks awesome on the bike.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Re: Pics of new Yosh slip-on my \'05

Looks great...............now if the damn TRC would just start making it's way into warehouses I would follow suite.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

By the way................did you notice either a decrease or pickup in power down lower in the revs after dumping the stock can and SET?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It actually felt a little stronger across the board, even down low. I can't say that I felt any flat spot, even between 3-5K. I was hoping not to need a Power Commander and at this point, I don't think I will need one.

·
Registered
179 Posts

I dont mean to be rude. But whats up with the sloppy welding on the swingarm.
Anyway, the pipe looks great.
lol good one. i bet you don't have one either

I have one....and he`s right, the welds on the bike aren`t the best I`ve seen. Does it effect how the bike runs???? No, but they could be better.

Take a look at welds on Honda`s, they are how it should be done. Before you guys flame me remember I own a k5 myself.

Just take a good look at the welds on the 1000RR swingarm and you`ll know what I`m talking about. When I had a 1000RR, some top line welders I know, guys that could weld a banana peel to plate glass, were cumming all over themselves looking at those welds on the Honda.

BTW, nice looking pipe there. I`m gonna try to hold out for the trc myself, but that sure looks good.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

looks awesome man!!!
nice ride!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

OK, it finally came today. I installed it right away, the sound is great. I have not ridden it hard yet but after a few mile run, it feels stronger than with the stock exhaust and SET valve. I also removed the EXCVA servo motor with no problems, you only have to discon one wire at the ECU to disable the SET system. This is the TRS slip-on in stainless steel and CF can. The Yosh part# is 1116262, the Parts Unlimited# is 1811-0251. It looks awesome on the bike.

I'm thinking you should chop a few inches off from the mid-pipe side and make yourself a Jap-spec shorty replica.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts

It actually felt a little stronger across the board, even down low. I can't say that I felt any flat spot, even between 3-5K. I was hoping not to need a Power Commander and at this point, I don't think I will need one.
The header pipes make the differeces in the slight loss down low and the big upper rev range gain if you changed them out, not so much the muffler as far has that dip goes in the low revs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.