Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

oh yeah, some new gel grips too (I actually bought them!!! $14.00 )

and finally the old crusty stock stuff

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention:

it looks like I will be able to mount the brackets for the reservoirs on the triple tree using the holes vacated from where the stock clip-ons bolted to it (underneath)

now has anyone used colored silicon tubing for the lines going to the brake/clutch master cylinders?

I think I will be doing that, as I need slightly longer hoses anyways

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
forgot to mention:

it looks like I will be able to mount the brackets for the reservoirs on the triple tree using the holes vacated from where the stock clip-ons bolted to it (underneath)

now has anyone used colored silicon tubing for the lines going to the brake/clutch master cylinders?

</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>Looks good... and looks like someone took the time to polish that upper triple too...
I use a colored silicone line for my fuel-tank vent, I can't imagine that brake fluid would damage the stuff if gasoline doesn't... dunno for sure though because I still have crusty stock reservoirs on mine.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that triple tree was my very first thing to polish, as you know they come painted black

it was all beaten up by keychains etc.

well it pissed me off so much as every time I even breathed on it they dulling started

new clipons feel like they weigh half of what the stockers do

I have some brand new rearsets (on loan from OPP) for new gixxers in my hands and I know I can make them fit this old girl

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Is there an easy way to keep polished aluminum from getting dull and gray so quickly? Oh, and since you're gonna dazzle us with some colored silicone tubing up there, have you thought about color-coordinated sweatbands to go around those fancy remote reservoirs?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Great thing she's coming together and all.

OPP: Other Peoples Products?

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Looks good. Those look a lot lower than the stockers do.

Oh yea, and it looks like you better start putting her back together...after all, you folks in Canada only get two weeks a year with no snow, right??? Wouldn't want to spoil it with the bike all apart in the igloo garage!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
forgot to mention:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I haven't tried using silicon tubing for brake fluid, but the other types of fuel lines that I've tried doesn't work with brake fluid. It'll seem fine for a few days, then drops of brake fluid will appear on the outside of the lines. The explaination that I've heard is that the molecules of brake fluid are pretty small, and they will sweat right through the lines.

Some of the older BMW automobiles use remote reservoirs and the dealers should carry a blue tubing that is made specifically for this application. I ended up using that and haven't had any problems.

Yancy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Looks nice mate !

Andy

p.s. I know howe to keep that alloy mirror polished.............polsh it every time you go out and every week even when you don't !

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
what are you doing with those old stock ones? send them my way if you dont want them!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
So is that where you're going to mount the coils?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes

why? am I a retard for doing that?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, no, but I hadn't looked on my bike for a site, so I thought I'd see what you did. If it works and doesn't poke a hole in the tank I'll put mine there too.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by youngGixxer:
what are you doing with those old stock ones? send them my way if you dont want them!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">well I decided to save all the old shit in case:

1) I decide to bring it back to stock

2) decide to buy a crashed bike and need the bits

If I plan to get rid of anything I wil post it in this forum first

1 - 17 of 17 Posts