Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted many pics of it, but I just installed rim tape so I thought I'd share...

Thanks to tapeworks, they exchanged my original rim tape order quickly. Damn installing it was tedious though!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Nice bike man, HUGE pics... next time try sizing them down a tid bit for us with less than 21" monitors.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I haven't posted many pics of it, but I just installed rim tape so I thought I'd share...

Thanks to tapeworks, they exchanged my original rim tape order quickly. Damn installing it was tedious though!
Sweet picture with the mountains in the background.
The tape looks good... I don't think I'll do it.
I've been wondering what it would look like on the yellow 750.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I almost went with red tape to match the red R, but went with yellow instead. Looks better in person, too.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Nice bike! I've been wondering what the yellow tape would look like on a yellow bike. Looks good!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I live in Colorado Springs, on the North side. That's Pikes Peak in the background. I've been meaning to take the rest of the warning labels off, will probably do it next weekend.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Looks good

Are your wheel balancing weights stuck on the inside surface of the wheel or do they clip over the edge of the rim. Mine clip over the edge and would mean that curently I could put tape either side but when balanced with a new tire I might have to redo the tape. Should most shops stock the stick on weights and are there any disadvantges over the clip on ones?

So what tapeworks colour is that?

Anyway here is what it would have looked like in red:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got some stick on weights off of Ebay, then just stuck about the same amount of weight inside the rims. Just made sure to put them parrallel with the clip on weights, then pryed off the clip on weights. Cleaning is everything with rim tape!! It took a while with goo-gone to clean off all the chain lube and road tar. I want it to last a LONG time, it was kind of a bitch.

The color is "Gixxer 100, light yellow" Had to call tapeworks to order it. Rob will know what color you're talking about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts