Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Change the pipe and front blinkers and you'll be on your way to a beautiful bike! But it's beautiful now! I love that color scheme way more than my '05 B/W 750's...

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Nice bike, but why do you have a sweatband around the brakefluid reservoir?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Nice bike, but why do you have a sweatband around the brakefluid reservoir?
I guess He put a sweat band around the brake fluid reservoir because it can leak?
I've never had that problem but a lot of my buddies that ride older gixxers has a sweatband there because it tends to leak due to the vibrations of the road. So the sweatband is there to soak it up I guess.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys. I do plan on changing the front blinker so they match the back, but I've been busy lately and haven't had time to go get them. As for the sweat band, when i purchased the motorcycle they told me that light can damage brake fluid and turn it brown. They gave me the sweat band to put on there, so i fiqured better safe than sorry. I've never heard that light could do that to brake fluid.

·
Registered
300 Posts
As for the sweat band, when i purchased the motorcycle they told me that light can damage brake fluid and turn it brown. They gave me the sweat band to put on there, so i fiqured better safe than sorry. I've never heard that light could do that to brake fluid.
HAHAH! You got HOSED!

I think some racers used to put those on reservoirs in case of boil-over when hard on the brakes during races. No place for them on the street, or with the high-heat fluids that are now avail.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HAHAH! You got HOSED!

I think some racers used to put those on reservoirs in case of boil-over when hard on the brakes during races. No place for them on the street, or with the high-heat fluids that are now avail.
I didn't pay for the sweat band, so its no big deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts