Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
17,010 Posts

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
Thanks everyone! Anybody know where to get range ammo online for a good price? Well, at least as good as I can get right now. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yeah, about that... Everyone has been out of stock of the common auto pistol calibers (9mm, .40 and .45) for months now. Occasionally you'll get lucky and find someone who has some in stock but for insanely high prices.

I've bought 9mm at our local range and they ran out 2-3 times. Meanwhile even 9mm went up from $12 to $20 a box there - for cheap FMJ...

I started reloading again instead, used to do that 10-15 years ago. It takes a bit of investment and research at first but now I'm cranking out rounds for less than 10 cents a piece :biggrin

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, about that... Everyone has been out of stock of the common auto pistol calibers (9mm, .40 and .45) for months now. Occasionally you'll get lucky and find someone who has some in stock but for insanely high prices.

I've bought 9mm at our local range and they ran out 2-3 times. Meanwhile even 9mm went up from $12 to $20 a box there - for cheap FMJ...

I started reloading again instead, used to do that 10-15 years ago. It takes a bit of investment and research at first but now I'm cranking out rounds for less than 10 cents a piece :biggrin
Would you be willing to sell me some? PM me and let me know please. I haven't even got to put 1 round through it yet and I want to teach my wife how to shoot.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
Would you be willing to sell me some? PM me and let me know please. I haven't even got to put 1 round through it yet and I want to teach my wife how to shoot.

Sorry, I don't have dies for .40 :( However, I know someone who does - I'll send you a PM.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts

I've been reloading for the past 6 years or so and unfortunately there is a run on reloading components as well. It took me three months to get bullets from Precision Delta and it used to take like a week (not to mention their prices sky rocketed.) I've got powder that has been on back order for a month and primers are impossible to find except for super inflated prices by locals gouging away. :dissapointed

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
I've been reloading for the past 6 years or so and unfortunately there is a run on reloading components as well. It took me three months to get bullets from Precision Delta and it used to take like a week (not to mention their prices sky rocketed.) I've got powder that has been on back order for a month and primers are impossible to find except for super inflated prices by locals gouging away. :dissapointed
Yeah, tell me about it... Luckily I have some access to a decent stash, at least enough for personal use :biggrin Also, cast bullets are just fine for training :)

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
I luv my XD40!!

Recently got over 500 rounds of .40S&W for free!!!!

Range here i come!!!

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts

I'm going to start up my reloader again too. I had gotten away from it for several years. I have a Dillon progressive loader I was using for my .40's & my .50.

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
Talk about price gouging!!

100 rounds .22LR $45.00
525 rounds .22LR $160.00

Fucking insane that anyone would pay that! I should ban you for even recommending "Surplus ammo and arms":piss
I found 2 lbs of Unique for $46 at Bass Pro yesterday - that's enough for 2800 rounds of 9mm :banana

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
I'm going to start up my reloader again too. I had gotten away from it for several years. I have a Dillon progressive loader I was using for my .40's & my .50.
It's fun too - I find it so relaxing and so much more satisfying to make my own :)

I "reconfigured" 100 rounds of cheap ($6.50/box of 25) #8 12 gauge to 00 Buck yesterday so I can use them on our local indoor range :biggrin

·
Registered
365 Posts
yeah, about that... Everyone has been out of stock of the common auto pistol calibers (9mm, .40 and .45) for months now. Occasionally you'll get lucky and find someone who has some in stock but for insanely high prices.

NOT ME!!!! Those are all 100 round boxes. 454casull,45colt,45acp,44mag,10mm,40s&w,357sig,357mag,.38spc,9mm,380,.308,.223,7.62x39,6mm,
30-06,22-250,30-30,7mm mag,375H&H,17hmr and 25,000 rds of .22LR plus another 15,000 rounds of all gauges of shotgun!
There is another 40,000 rounds you cant see in this pic.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts