Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up yesterday from my neighbors dad. It was only used once on a dirtbike frame and I was in the garage when this was done. That is how the conversation came up about buying it. I don't really need it per say, but I'm sure it will come in handy someday and for the price, I couldn't pass it up!!!

Got everything you see plus some different sized tips for $250.00.
I looked online to see how much these things run and the list price according to Lincoln for something similar to this is $555.00. The only thing it's missing is the clip for the ground strap and the hose for the regulator. I was thinking about buying the cart for it, but then thought, hell I could make one now!

Late- Alex

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Nice score!
Whats the duty cycle,about 30%?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Not bad, but I'd rather have a Hobart.

I've had all I can handle from Lincoln's shitty customer (and product) support. I have grown to despise their equipment and employees.

Where I work, they just bought 4 $4k tig machines. 3 of them are already failing, within about 3 months. After the idiot Lincoln service rep took a couple out for repairs, he brought them back and said he changed some software in them, and that we need to let them warm up for 30 minutes prior to use from now on!!! haha... what, is it like a fucking toaster oven now??

idiots!!

Not trying to rain on your parade though...glad you got your first machine. If you need any help or advice, let me know. I've been welding for a living for about 18 years now.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not bad, but I'd rather have a Hobart.

I've had all I can handle from Lincoln's shitty customer (and product) support. I have grown to despise their equipment and employees.

Where I work, they just bought 4 $4k tig machines. 3 of them are already failing, within about 3 months. After the idiot Lincoln service rep took a couple out for repairs, he brought them back and said he changed some software in them, and that we need to let them warm up for 30 minutes prior to use from now on!!! haha... what, is it like a fucking toaster oven now??

idiots!!

Not trying to rain on your parade though...glad you got your first machine. If you need any help or advice, let me know. I've been welding for a living for about 18 years now.
Ya, I went to an Airgas facilty Friday to look at some hoods and he told me Miller was way better than a Lincoln as far as craftsmanship. It did have better parts as far as plastic on the Lincoln and metal on the Miller, but c'mon, for $250.00, I couldn't go wrong, plus it will only be used around the house for whatever. I bet that guy would have bought it too!!!

Thanks for the offer..........

Late- Alex

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
I wish I could weld. My Dad has been a welder all of his life and used to have one in the garage and somehow I managed to grow up and never learn.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
oh shit its another 110 volt wire squirter.!! .035 wire or under works best

·
Registered
226 Posts
sweet score!!! Now all you need is a real shield and some metal to practice drawing beads on. I know it sounds lame but you can go to the library and check out some books on how to weld... it will help lots if you've never done it before. Its an art for sure.

Good luck and don't burn your eyes... as pretty as the light is it sux when you look at it. And don't be surprized if you get a sun burn.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts