Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here it is got it from Oneida suzuki....fits well, and its very lightweight, I dont know how much lighter a CF hugger will be of if its worth it...

·
Registered
531 Posts
that is the one that uses the stock chain guard, but he just removed it
, which it can be dangerous

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is the one that uses the stock chain guard, but he just removed it
, which it can be dangerous

Could the stock chain guard fit with this hugger?

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
very nice with the chain guard. how does it hold up with road use washing and weather? Your tire looks pretty clean, so i assume u don't do the track days or low hard stuff on the twisties??

·
Registered
162 Posts
very nice with the chain guard. how does it hold up with road use washing and weather? Your tire looks pretty clean, so i assume u don't do the track days or low hard stuff on the twisties??
That photo was at only 1500 miles, but you are correct in assuming no track days or CRAZY twisties (I live in straight flat FL
). However 1000 miles later the paint has held up VERY well, no marks from anything...

·
Registered
162 Posts
well from the looks of the picture, it looks like Rustoleum Painter's Touch. I don't quite see what the other one is though.
The Painter's Touch is the clearcoat, the other one says "Plastic" but don't know what brand, thats the black paind I used.... Sorry I don't have the cans anymore....

·
Registered
815 Posts
well from the looks of the picture, it looks like Rustoleum Painter's Touch. I don't quite see what the other one is though.
The Painter's Touch is the clearcoat, the other one says "Plastic" but don't know what brand, thats the black paind I used.... Sorry I don't have the cans anymore....
AMG - Do you plan on Powder Coating the heal guards? It will look sweet! I haven't done it myself, but I'm sure it will go nice with our color scheme.

·
Registered
162 Posts
AMG - Do you plan on Powder Coating the heal guards? It will look sweet! I haven't done it myself, but I'm sure it will go nice with our color scheme.
Nah I do not plan on keeping the bike long enough to bother... I love the bike, but the majority of my riding is highway so a 1000 or Vtwin is in my future....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nah I do not plan on keeping the bike long enough to bother... I love the bike, but the majority of my riding is highway so a 1000 or Vtwin is in my future....

I think i need to redo the install of my chain guard.....
I wanna be able to use it with the hugger...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.