Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Re: pic of carbs installed, with shiny new K&N\'s :)

heheh they are so c00t! glad to see that project ol school is still moving along

i just bought some stuff from the store mr gixxer!...i feel so happy that i have contributed once again to this wonderful site!!!

you da freaking man!!!!

now i cant wait to receive my gixxer.cum stickers and gas cap sticker

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by Nolz:
heheh they are so c00t! glad to see that project ol school is still moving along

i just bought some stuff from the store mr gixxer!...i feel so happy that i have contributed once again to this wonderful site!!!

you da freaking man!!!!

now i cant wait to receive my gixxer.cum stickers and gas cap sticker
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>I hope we have your sticker in stock!

I finally took some time to mess around with the bike lately

but I keep finding things on it that needs attention (I can't finish the rear end till I get a shock and i can't wire up the electrical till I get the bodywork back) so I started to polish the countershaft sprocket cover

what a pain to get in the cracks and crevices!

G

·
0 Posts

you must be as anxious as hell to get her on the road....

man i wonder what joey has got cooked up for your plastics! its gonna be such an awesome ride!

·
Registered
159 Posts

Mr. Gix.

I too am in the process of installing a Dyna 2000
in my 1052 gsx-r motor. I was wondering do the
wires coming out of the rubber gromet near the
pick up, top left as on your picture, hit the
anodized backing plate and not allow the gromet
to sit properly? I was considering cutting off
the wrap around the wires so they can be better
fed around it.

One other thing, are your K&N's a kit or were
they bought individually.

Thanks,
Adrock.

[ 03-31-2002, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Adrock ]

·
Administrator
8,749 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by Adrock:
Mr. Gix.

I too am in the process of installing a Dyna 2000
in my 1052 gsx-r motor. I was wondering do the
wires coming out of the rubber gromet near the
pick up, top left as on your picture, hit the
anodized backing plate and not allow the gromet
to sit properly? I was considering cutting off
the wrap around the wires so they can be better
fed around it.

One other thing, are your K&N's a kit or were
they bought individually.

Thanks,
Adrock.
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>you just have to ram the gromet in, the wires will follow

you could adjust the amount of wire passing through the gromet (pullit through more)

K&N's were part of the complete jet kit

·
Registered
978 Posts

mr gixxer the bike is looking sweet but you need to get that frame shiney thoes frames shine like a mirror when polished good luck with the bike

·
Registered
3,909 Posts

Those look great. It's a shame we are not allowed to install these here in Germany. I used to live in South Africa and had a set of K&N's on my 1982 Katana 1000. They also make it so much easier to service the carbs. God damn German bureaucracy. I see so many cool aftermarket parts on this site that I too would like to have but am not allowed to fit on a street bike.

I am very jealous.

Axel

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

Looks good!

Mr Gixxer "spend" money on parts for the project??? He scored all that stuff from the advertisers on gixxer.com...which is why we should all be buying their products! (had to say that in case they check on us)

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
Looks good!

Mr Gixxer "spend" money on parts for the project??? He scored all that stuff from the advertisers on gixxer.com...which is why we should all be buying their products! (had to say that in case they check on us)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">most of the stuff came from the big guys!

some of the sponsors of the site kicked in some bits too

I had to buy the forkbrace, the gel grips, a new throttle cable, exhaust gaskets, and some other misc. items

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

nice job mate.
Now replace those old allen bolts with some stainless........I did on mine a couple of years back.....measured them and boght a set for around £3 rather than a prepacked set at £10-£20 !!
Looks like you are making a real nice bike there

Andy

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

looking good Mr.Gixxer

-Karl

·
Registered
99 Posts

mr.gixxer, did you notice a big improvement w/sep. filters vs. stock air box,both with a pipe, still debating which way to go??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts