Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah, staking.

Exactly the word I was looking for. Thanks for stepping in!

Make sure to stake the throttle plate screws. Stake the tip of the screw that protrudes through the other side, not the Phillips head side of the screw.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Where did you get the throttle shaft seals? It looked like the old ones were like fiber. But you put in rubber lip seals. Is the size of those seals the same as for oil cooled gixxers as well?

·
Juvenile Thinker
279 Posts
All the seals are included in the seal kits. Seal kit A has Float Bowl Seal, Slide Housing O-Ring, Top Cap O-Ring, Float Mount O-Ring, Float Assy O-Ring, Pilot Screw O-Ring, and Pilot Screw Washer. Seal kit B has Choke Plunger Seal, Fuel Seal, Throttle Shaft Washer, and Throttle Shaft Screw. Cost is about $31 US for kit A and about $18 US for Kit B with free shipping. Last time I ordered a few months back took about 2 weeks to arrive (Washington state). Don't know about the oil cooler sizes, but they have kits for 88-91 GSX-R750s. Suzuki GSX-R750 M Carburettor Kits

·
Registered
4 Posts
All the seals are included in the seal kits. Seal kit A has Float Bowl Seal, Slide Housing O-Ring, Top Cap O-Ring, Float Mount O-Ring, Float Assy O-Ring, Pilot Screw O-Ring, and Pilot Screw Washer. Seal kit B has Choke Plunger Seal, Fuel Seal, Throttle Shaft Washer, and Throttle Shaft Screw. Cost is about $31 US for kit A and about $18 US for Kit B with free shipping. Last time I ordered a few months back took about 2 weeks to arrive (Washington state). Don't know about the oil cooler sizes, but they have kits for 88-91 GSX-R750s. Suzuki GSX-R750 M Carburettor Kits
Great info!!!! Just ordered my set last week. hopefully in comes in sooner than later. i just wish someone in the US sold a kit like this. also the kit i bought, it shows that it has felt seals. I hope it comes with the same ones you got.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After you remove the main jet, how do you remove the brass ring that holds the rest of that plastic housing in? I went to use some vice grips to try and unscrew it, but stopped after it gave me a little resistance. Also, do you pull the pilot screws out before the carb bath as well? Reading the manual makes me uneasy about removing them because of the many warnings that they are factory preset with special equipment blablabla.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
After you remove the main jet, how do you remove the brass ring that holds the rest of that plastic housing in? I went to use some vice grips to try and unscrew it, but stopped after it gave me a little resistance. Also, do you pull the pilot screws out before the carb bath as well? Reading the manual makes me uneasy about removing them because of the many warnings that they are factory preset with special equipment blablabla.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D
My 2 cents:

Idle screws: count the 'turns in' then remove, I always replace idle & main jets as you really can't be sure if they are 100% clean and for the price it isn't worth it, they are cheap....I spent one summer tracking down a running problem only to find it was my mains that had laquered up...these early 90's gixxers run quite weak so need all the help they can get. In fact I went up 2 sizes on std air filter and pipe and she runs super strong, ready for a can if I see fit...I like std exhausts though.

Ref' the main jets question...are you refering to the emulsion tubes....the mains screw into these don't they? Once the main jet is removed then the emulsion tube pushes out from the top...it's been 3 years since I did mine, so I'm a bit rusty but think I'm correct?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance anyone has these photo's stored on their harddrive and can re-upload? None of them work anymore and I'm planning to do the same rebuild over then next few weeks...

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I found this thread helpful, so i decided I would change the images over. It took a while but hopefully it helps someone.

[/url]1 by Michael Seyller, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]2 by Michael Seyller, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]3 by Michael Seyller, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]4 by Michael Seyller, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]5 by Michael Seyller, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]6 by Michael Seyller, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]7 by Michael Seyller, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]8 by Michael Seyller, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]9 by Michael Seyller, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]10 by Michael Seyller, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
29 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts

·
2 > 4
371 Posts
There's a free plugin on Google Chrome that let's you see photobucket images. I can see all the original images still. (4-27-2018)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
18 Participants
Bufftester
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing