Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
RaceChrono is what most people use for lap timing here in Finland. If you get the Pro version you can easily make make videos with GPS data.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Video is shot on a GoPro, 10Hz GPS is taped to the tail fairing and phone is taped on the tank.
Okay, let get the shopping list straight. RaceChrono Pro version, GoPro camera with GPS, large roll of duct tape for phone.... Could I impose on you for a photo or two? I see that RaceChrono has a feature to tap into a GPS. I guess that's "pro" feature. But all phones now have built-in GPS. Sorry for all the questions, but I like to have a plan before I blow that much money (I know, I know, Custer had a plan). Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm a fan of TrackAddict. It's free and maps your course, using gps to show where you brake, how hard you braked and the same for acceleration.

It also overlays your track on a satellite image, with varying rates of speed being shown in different colors. I mainly use it on my dirt track, but it would be great for track days. Free video function with all the data, too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a fan of TrackAddict. It's free and maps your course, using gps to show where you brake, how hard you braked and the same for acceleration.

It also overlays your track on a satellite image, with varying rates of speed being shown in different colors. I mainly use it on my dirt track, but it would be great for track days. Free video function with all the data, too.
I downloaded it, and it looks good. What's your setup? Do you just put your phone in a pocket of the leathers or under the pillion seat? Or do you have it wired to a camera, etc.? Do you mount your cell phone to the bike? If so, how?

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I did video, I used a mount that straps my phone to my bar. Nothing fancy, just an eBay cheap-o. The video came out pretty terrible(enduro on a homemade track), so I usually just stick it to my tank with a magnet; easy access to the start button and I can see it if I have need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
MoThanYouKnow
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing