Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a k7 600 phantom edition but I want to replace the stickers for it to the same just new ones any idea where I can get them from?

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,842 Posts
"Phantom Edition".... LOL. Sounds like the seller got a little extra out of you....

Any dealer can get you the decals. Looks like all you really need is the tail. It'll run you about $40USD plus shipping.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Confirm your year, to me this is not a 06/07 (which this is the forum you posted the question to), it's 2008-2010. Your fairing only has 2 chrome nuts on the gray above the R that connects the side fairing to the upper fairing. 06/07 models had 3 that went across that area.

There is a factory plate on the left side of the frame towards the front/radiator with model specific info.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Confirm your year, to me this is not a 06/07 (which this is the forum you posted the question to), it's 2008-2010. Your fairing only has 2 chrome nuts on the gray above the R that connects the side fairing to the upper fairing. 06/07 models had 3 that went across that area.

There is a factory plate on the left side of the frame towards the front/radiator with model specific info.
What might be more plausible is that these are aftermarket fairings
Noticed alot of those for the K/7 have 2 bolts for the side fairing to the air duct cover

k8/L0 would at the very least require different front and rear subframes, that's quite a lot of work (IF it is even possible) to make a newer bike look like the previous model, when the previous model is easy to come by

I just went and looked at pictures of my old maroon/black which was a genuine K6, it also has only 2 bolts on that location
the 3rd is in the location just under where the airduct connects to the frame

·
Registered
229 Posts
Apparently, It's a 'Thing'

·
Registered
301 Posts
My model reference was correct, there are 3 bolts - however if I would have paid closer attention I can see it near the frame on the top of the fairing... That was my fault.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts