Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Il Padre Guinnea
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to pick up a decent, fairly priced, single stack pistol to carry Occasionally and don't mind beating it up a bit plinking around with. I have researched a bit but most reviews bring me to jumbled up mess of "forums" with ppl either raving about it or saying it's a cheap POS. I haven't owned a kel-tec neither have I shot one so im looking for some input. Im basically looking for something cheapER that goes bang everytime. This will not be a range gun so sights and such arent a big priority. If you have one I would just like to get some insight as I am looking to purchase one. Thanx in advance. :cheers

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
The PF9 fits the bill for what you're asking for here. They come from the factory a bit crude, but a little massaging with some fine sandpaper and some polishing compound (toothpaste) and some break-in time will have it running right before long.

I gave the GF one last year. Here's a pic of it next to my P3AT.

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
kahr9 or taurus 709 like what i have. Never did like a keltec

·
Il Padre Guinnea
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx duke. Im that type of person that keeps my firearms prestine and putting a knick or scratch on my 26 makes me shed a tear everytime. I wanted to stay 9mm and always wanted to try out carrying a single stack and have something I didn't care if it got a few bumps and bruises. I guess it's pretty much a no brainer and for less than $300 I guess it's worth a try.

·
Il Padre Guinnea
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the slim chris but at a $100 bucks difference and close to $400 it really defeats the purpose cause that takes me into a whole nother bracket. If I spend that on something to plinker with I might as well buy an od G19or a j-frame that ive always wanted for a little more :dunno

Then im back to square one :lol

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
I like the slim chris but at a $100 bucks difference and close to $400 it really defeats the purpose cause that takes me into a whole nother bracket. If I spend that on something to plinker with I might as well buy an od G19or a j-frame that ive always wanted for a little more :dunno

Then im back to square one :lol
fine thats fine :p dont you have an lcp :scratch

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
This might be more your speed Red. :biggrin

Attachments

·
Il Padre Guinnea
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This might be more your speed Red. :biggrin
:lol fuck you bob
Stop posting up your kinky sex toys from the 70's :ban

No chris I don't have the lcp nemore. I sold it right before I got the 26. I hated that little fucking thing and always failed on me even after break-in and polishing. Mostly FTE.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Do you really want to cheap out on something your life may depend on?

BTW everything I have read says they are a pos.

·
Il Padre Guinnea
6,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you really want to cheap out on something your life may depend on?

BTW everything I have read says they are a pos.
:facepalm
I have reliable firearms to cover my ass. If u read the post it says a cheap but still reliable plinker that i didnt mind giving the occasional bumps and bruises.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I bought the gf a blued pf9 ~2 years ago and it's worked flawlessly. The fit and finish isn't pretty, but it has never had a failure. It's more than accurate enough for its purpose. I have yet to find a 9mm as concealable (both in terms of weight and overall external dimensions). I found a parkerized version at a local gun shop for cheap and picked it up for myself a year ago. I've had the exact same results as with the gf's....not a single failure. It's so light and slim I can wear it with any summer clothes (t-shirt and shorts) and no one can tell it's on me (I'm 6' 2" 180lbs). For someone looking for something reliable, ultra-concealable, and economical I highly recommend this gun.

·
Registered
866 Posts
^What he said. I have not had a single problem with mine with round 400 rounds though it. It is very comfortable in carry and disappears under even just a T shirt. Been carrying mine for a few months now and cant complain. I have heard and seem some with some issues, but KT has great customer service and will get you squared away as quickly as possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts